It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Stomach Bug (flu?)

Hi,

I am 48 hours into a horrible stomach bug. It started two days ago, with cramping all day which then turned into quite bad diarroreah. I was going right through that night, then stopped yesterday morning. But it has left me feeling like I have the flu, i was aching all over, shivering, then hot, sweating. I also feel incredibly tired, washed out, i look white, and i have lost 4 lbs in 48 hours.

Today i felt like i had a little , not much , more energy, so i went and had my car valeted, when i came back i was exhausted again.

Tonight i have had half a bagel which went down ok, then i had some plain noodles and then started with the pain again, although not as bad. Then i had (sorry) quite offensive wind. It's settled again now but im terrified to eat

I only just got over food poisoning about 3 weeks ago, and my stomach now feels wrecked.

How long will it last, is it easing do you think? and what should i be eating if anything in next few days.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Stomach Bug (flu?)

No input ??
Could really do with some advice.😔

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

So i just got back from ER.

I woke with cramps again this morning an d some diarroreah too i think id had enough so i went there.
They put me on a drip as they thought i was a bit dehydrated, took a load of bloods then i did a wee and poo sample.

the bloods came back all clear excepth the marker showing inflammation was a little raised but not to concern the doctor, she thought because of the diarroreah.

They have sent away the poo sample which will be ready in a few days and the urine was fine.

The doctor still feels its a virus but one thats takong some shiftimng (no joke there)

last time i had camplyobactoer thos same thing happened and then they found the bug in the poo. So im wondering if this might happen again.

Ive been told to eat normally altho nothing spicy. and given pain relief for the spasms.

Now its another waiting game i jiust wish it would go away.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing for soooooooo long?
would appreciate some input please .

Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ok well it looks like ive been on this thread on my own !!

Ok i have a diagnosis !!

I have campylobactor bug. I had it three years ago and pretty much knew it was the same symptoms I just wished id used my own instincts and got myself on antibiotics a week ahgo and not suffered this awful abdo pain/cramps.

I suppose they had to wait for my poo sepcimen to diagnose what it was.

I am happy now i know and am now on 10 days of fairly strong antibiotics, im hoping in 48 hours i may have some relief from the cramps

Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
(male)

kar272 HB User

Hey, it sounds like you have similar symptoms to me (I was diagnosed with H.pylori, which they initially thought was stomach flu) How do you test for campylobactor?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

i was tested for camplyobacter by a stool sample which has to be cultered for at least 48 hours. It came back positive for Campylo.

Been on antibiotics for 7 days and diarroareah has stopped and i feel a lot better but 10lbs lighter and a little weak still.
Its a nast bug.
As for H pylori i was tested when i had an endo three months ago and was negative so dont think its that.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

It taking quite a time for this stomach campylobacter to go , im not infected anymore , my stools are almost back to normal too. But i have this lasting feeling of upset in my stomach, gassy, lots of wind, still some abdo pain on waking. Should this be going on so long? and should i maybe do another stool test to see if im clear or the campylobacter?

Someone said it could take up to 6 weeks for my stomach to get back to normal, as i had a horrid infection then antibiotics on top which affects the flora in my tummy. Im taking acidophillus supplements and eating live yoghurt too.

will my stomach ever go back to normal?

Closed Thread