It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
(male)

gangrelia HB User
Can there be false negative for pylori for both stool test and biopsy?

Was sure I had h. pylori. Did an endoscopy. I did have minor ulcers and redness in the esophagus, but biopsy showed no h. pylori. Doctor then ordered a stool test, and it also came back negative.

I was taking virgin coconut oil at the time which is a natural remedy that kills h. pylori. The coconut oil really works in reducing the symptoms but doesn't completely eliminate it. Could the coconut oil give me false negatives for both the biopsy and stool test?

Should I push for a blood test for h. pylori? I know it's not accurate because if it comes back positive, it just shows I have pylori sometime in the past. But if it comes back negative, I would have peace of mind that it's not caused by h. pylori. I don't believe my GI doctor has the equipment for the breath test.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Can there be false negative for pylori for both stool test and biopsy?

I took the Antibiotic treatment for H.Pylori after an Endoscopy/Biopsy showed positive.
Six months later another Endoscopy showed it had gone. I was also uncertain of the result as I had taken Grapefruit Seed Extract on and off which is said to eliminate H.Pylori.
I then left off the G.S.E and waited for four months and sent a stool test to a private clinic who tested it for me and confirmed that it was negative for H.P.
I was told that an Endoscopy/Biopsy or a Stool test are the most reliable tests for H.P.
I really think you are H.P negative.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread