It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
what caused my gastroparesis? or yours?

ive been diagnosed with gastroparesis finally after 10 months of awful symptoms and no one really taking me seriously. im 24 i dont have kids i never had stomach surgery im not diabetic. i have no idea what caused this. it seemed very strange that this would suddenly start one day out of nowhere. i dont recall having any type of viral infection so it couldnt be post-viral. ive been desperate trying different holistic approaches vitamins ive changed my diet completly. they did finaly prescribe me Reglan but i dont like the way it makes me feel at all. now i have decided to stop my orthro evra birth control patch ive been on and off for 6 years as maybe it has caused this? it can cause blood clots, restricted blood flow, gallbladder disease also other side effects. maybe it somehow lead to me getting gastroparesis? i did read a few things about blood flow to the gut and gut motility. or maybe i had a virus with no symptoms? i want to hear from other people what caused theres how do they deal with it what do they think has caused mine? ive fallen slowly into a pretty deep depression because of this.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
(female)

RunningGirl7 HB User
Re: what caused my gastroparesis? or yours?

Hi,

The same thing has happend to me! I was thinking b/c of birth control as well. Where doctors able to figure out why? How are you feeling now?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

Kelly2737 HB User

Hey Twisted Metal! I responded to your post on my thread the other day after not realizing I had responses....just came across this post of yours and saw that you were on BC. I don't think I mentioned this in my novel I wrote but I was finishing my last pack of a year and a half being on Yaz when my problems suddenly started. Maybe there really is something to our issues and being on BC. So the question now is, is there anyone out there who got gastroparesis during/shortly after using BC???

How are you doing these days???

Old 07-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
(female)

Kelly2737 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2737 View Post
So the question now is, is there anyone out there who got gastroparesis during/shortly after using BC???
And I meant to add to that, is there anyone out there who got gastroparesis during/shortly after using BC AND who has recovered? And if so how long did it take and what did you do to help it?

Another interesting thing I just came across on here is a woman who is pregnant and has gp and says that hers is assumed to be temporary and related to excess progestrone in the body.

Closed Thread