It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

agm82 HB User
Dumping symptoms with hives

I have been having episodes of severe stomach cramps, explosive diarrhea and vomiting along with extreme itching and hives all over my body. It is not consistant. It happens every 2-4 weeks and only after I've eaten dinner. There is no certain food that triggers because it has been something different every time it has happened.

I have been to an allergist and all my tests came back normal. I've been to a GI and been tested for everything from celiac disease to lupus and all the tests come back normal. My doctor wants to treat it like IBS but I really don't think that is what I have.

It started last May while I was pregnant with my daughter. I had 3 episodes in 3 months and my OB told me it was just a part of pregnancy. Since my daughter was born at the end October I have had 7 more episodes.

From the research I've done online I feel like dumping most accurately describes my symptoms but I've never had stomach surgery. Although two c-sections may have moved some things around. What really puzzles me is the itching and hives.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would love to stop living in fear of eating dinner.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Dumping symptoms with hives

That really does sound exactly like a food allergy. Is it possible it's some kind of seasoning? Or something that's present in the food only in trace amounts? The blood tests for allergies SHOULD have picked that up, but it's possible you have an allergy to something that isn't usually tested for.

Try keeping a food log?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
(female)

agm82 HB User

I thought so too. The problem is that I eat something different every time it happens. One time I made chicken salad and ate it for lunch and then ate it for dinner the next day and got sick. They allergy tested me for everything possible because there was nothing consistant with what I was eating and it all came back negative. It is really frustrating.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm82 View Post
One time I made chicken salad and ate it for lunch and then ate it for dinner the next day and got sick.
Leftovers, eh? Could be you are very sensitive to certain bacterial toxins. My husband is. He gets sick from eating food that's even the slightest bit off, stuff that wouldn't bother anyone else.

Closed Thread