It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
(male)

kar272 HB User
H.Pylori, What to do next?

Hello,

I was diagnosed with H.Pylori just over 1 month ago after 4 months of pain and no explanations. I took the triple therapy for 5 days and continued taking my antiacids. It has been a while since I finished the antibiotic course and I don't feel much better. I have booked another breath test in a few weeks time to see if I still have the bacteria. I have stuck to a very healthy balanced diet (including eating natural yogurt daily), cut out all acidic foods, fatty foods and processed foods etc.

My symptoms are mainly.

Diarreah, (greasy stool with undigested food)
Gas - especially after I eat.
headaches (maybe due to the 30gms of Lanszaprozole taken daily)
tender, sore feeling just under lower back of ribs.
increased saliv, runny nose.
bad taste in mouth
and White tongue.

What would people suggest I do?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
(male)

ksr HB User
Re: H.Pylori, What to do next?

Did you have it re-tested? I got diagnosed with H.Pylori and used antibiotics. Felt relief after it but after a month symptoms came back. So I will go for another exam. Meanwhile the only thing that helps eating Activia yoghurt or taking oral probiotic solutions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
(male)

kar272 HB User

I have a retest next week. I feel better than before my antibiotics but not by much. Still the diarreah, acid reflux, stomach pain etc. I think I should try and get an endoscopy - it should be the best way to see whats actually going on with my digestive system.

I take yogurt and probiotics everyday. My diet is also very healthy and consistent. I don't know what more I can do.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Two yrs ago I had the Antibiotic treatment for H.Pylori, tests later showed it had gone.
I honestly feel my stomach has never been the same since.
Now I feel it has come back again. I intend trying to treat myself this time with a good diet,
Aloe-Vera juice and Grapefruit Seed Extract.
" Has any other reader ever had H.Pylori twice" My dr says its unlikely but I wonder!!..
Good Luck to all H.P sufferers.

Solofelix.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
(male)

ksr HB User

I read somewhere on web that in some cases antibiotic use suspends the infection for a while so it shows up again. Also I read in this forum that not everybody got rid of the infection first time they used antibiotic.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr View Post
I read somewhere on web that in some cases antibiotic use suspends the infection for a while so it shows up again. Also I read in this forum that not everybody got rid of the infection first time they used antibiotic.

Mine was diagnosed negative by a follow up Endoscopy/Biopsy. One year later a stool test also showed negative.
Symptoms at the present time are very similar to the first diagnoses two yrs ago.
Makes me wonder if it can occur a second time.

Solofelix.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
(male)

ksr HB User

Did you have any symptoms at that time when you had results negative?
Thank you

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Did you have any symptoms at that time when you had results negative?
Thank you
Yes!
Now I think about it. Similar but milder. I remember thinking at the time "is this gone"
Imediately after the Antibiotic Regime I felt pretty good and then a few months down the road I started getting the same sort of symptoms.
Like I said I then had another Endoscopy/Biopsy and was told No H.Pylori and a year later a stool test showed the same.
Now bad symptoms again!.. One thing I should mention it was thought I had had an Ulcer as I had bleeding through my mouth from my stomach.
I take Nexium as and when needed but never felt it did anything for me.
My symptoms are, Belching,Knawing sensation in centre stomach, Nausea,Gas, Bloating.
May I ask what your symptoms are.

Solofelix.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
(male)

ksr HB User

My symptoms are nausea after eating, pain it stomach caused by gas, bad taste in mouth, white colored tongue, dizziness and bloating.

I also have lower esophageal sphincter dysfunction so I have reflux problems causing difficult breathing and mucus in throat. After I used antibiotics all of these symptoms disappeared then came back after a month. So that is why I still think I have it in my stomach and I know if I eat one probiotic yogurt with every meal I don't get any symptoms.

One important thing to mention, when I'm stressed or doing something that I really don't want to do, then I get these symptoms more and more. So that is what makes me think this whole thing can be psychosomatic. I will think about using anti depressant after I get re-examined in case of negative results.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

[QUOTE=ksr;4948554]My symptoms are nausea after eating, pain it stomach caused by gas, bad taste in mouth, white colored tongue, dizziness and bloating.

I also have lower esophageal sphincter dysfunction so I have reflux problems causing difficult breathing and mucus in throat. After I used antibiotics all of these symptoms disappeared then came back after a month. So that is why I still think I have it in my stomach and I know if I eat one probiotic yogurt with every meal I don't get any symptoms.

One important thing to mention, when I'm stressed or doing something that I really don't want to do, then I get these symptoms more and more. So that is what makes me think this whole thing can be psychosomatic. I will think about using anti depressant after I get re-examined in case of negative results.[/QUOTE

You mention a white coated tongue!...
Did you ever think it could be the cause of Candida which is a nasty complaint that is most likely after a strong dose of Antibiotics.
I developed this after my initial Antibiotic treatment for H.P and was given NYSTATIN, I have had it again since but am O.K at present.
I have never been right in my stomach since H.P and would dread getting it again. All the best,

Solofelix.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
(male)

ksr HB User

When I don't have those symptoms I also don't get white tounge. I think It is related my reflux and reflux is worse with the bacteria.
Wish you best as well. Will report back here after i get re-examined.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
When I don't have those symptoms I also don't get white tounge. I think It is related my reflux and reflux is worse with the bacteria.
Wish you best as well. Will report back here after i get re-examined.

I do wonder if Candida is responsible for some of our symptoms. Look up both H.P and Candida and see if any relate.
This morning I can see white patches on the gums of my inner- cheeks. I have started treatment for (thrush) candida, I know for a fact it can cause stomach and nausea problems.
When do you get re-examined, I wish you well.

Solofelix.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #13
(male)

ksr HB User

I will get reexamined probably within a month or so. Even candida has a role in this symptoms I don't know what could be done. Seems like not much.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
(male)

ksr HB User

Hello solofelix

So I got my results back from my follow up endoscopy exam. They confirmed that h pylori was gone but inflammation was still there. So I have to continue using PPIs. I have GERD and Asthma anyway so i have no other option. Just wanted to inform you.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hello solofelix

So I got my results back from my follow up endoscopy exam. They confirmed that h pylori was gone but inflammation was still there. So I have to continue using PPIs. I have GERD and Asthma anyway so i have no other option. Just wanted to inform you.

"Thanks for the update and good luck with the medication"

Solofelix.

Closed Thread