It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

Demaris73 HB User
Unhappy Inflammed Stomach and tiredness?

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and at my wits end with how I feel. I have had in the past and two months ago stomach pain resulting from acid. Each time it has lasted around 2 months, and the first time I had it was diagnosed with an inflammed stomach. The first time was around three years ago, when I was under extreme stress. I was given omeprazole and the symptoms cleared up. A few months ago the symptoms returned (burning pain in upper abdomen, burping, excess acid, bloating and tiredness). I was given omeprazole again but it didn't clear up as fast as it did last time to I went back to the doctors. I had to see a different doctor as my original one was off sick. The new doctor said it was nothing to do with acid but that I had IBS. I disagreed as I have had no bowel problems at all and the symptoms when I looked them up were different. He did however continue my course of omeprazole, eventually my symptoms dissappeared.

Although my stomach symptoms have gone I still feel wretched (2 months later). I am suffering from breathlessness and heart palpatations which I mostly notice when I lie down. I don't drink coffee nor a heavy amount of alcohol. The tiredness and breathlessness have got so bad I can barely make it to the corner shop without feeling fatigued. I don't have any pain apart from restless legs and some tingling in my feet when I walk to fast.

He took some routine blood tests and everything came back normal except he said my MCV count (red blood cells) where large and high (98). The high end of normal. He said it was to do with Vit B12 and questioned my alcohol consumption. I share a bottle of red wine with my partner on a friday night but thats it.

My last appointment with him was him trying to persuade me to go on anti depressants, I am not depressed, frustrated because of my symptoms yes, but not depressed. He says I am manifesting these symptoms.

I suppose my question is, are these symptoms normally associated with gastric troubles? I feel so bogged down with it all, and just want to feel 'normal' again

Sorry for the long post, I guess I just wanted to 'get it all out'

Demaris.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread