It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(male)

mohdhm HB User
Some foods make me feel nausious/dizzy

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, i would really appreciate some guidance so i can go to my doctor with some background information on what i could have. Lets just say that she is not the best based on past experience. My mom's cooking usually involves a lot of grease/fat and tomato sauce and that usually leaves me feeling sick or her nagging about why i don't finish up her food.

To start i will summarize all my conditions:

Mild Dandruff / Mild Rosacea:
Both are inflammatory conditions, one related to the scalp and the other to the face. May or may not be related diet based on my research.

Possibly acid reflux:
I say this because i didn't complete the diagnosis with the doctor. Basically this problem started with the indigestion of alcohol one night, i woke up unable to breathe and i was experiencing a panic attack. Basically this started to happen every 2 months with lesser severity and at some point it stopped. The doc said that i'm probably mistaking that "unable to breath" feeling for acid reflux.

A little about myself:
I was always skinny, right now i weigh 135 pounds (58 kg) at a height of 183 cm. Moderate quantities of junkfood such as chocolates/doughnuts always makes me feel sick, but i can get away with a little every day. I generally don't have an appetite and have to remind myself to eat. My diet is high in fruits/vegetables and protein, low on fats. I rarely ever eat junkfood. I eat around 5 times a day (small meals). I have trouble handling a decent size meal as i usually feel bloated afterwards / drowsy / dizzy.

Foods/meals that make me sick in moderate quantity:
Anything involving tomato sauce would make me feel sick. A little ketchup is ok. I never eat actual tomatoes to comment on them, i'd avoid them on my sandwiches if i can.

When i was around 18 years old, 2 bananas in a row would make me pass out with a fever. I never had 2 bananas in a row after that. 1 banana would just feel "heavy" on my stomach. May be irrelevant now.

Any greasy food would make me feel uneasy.

I just had bread with hummus last night (chickpea dip and spread) and i was fine, had it again this afternoon and i passed out in bed for 3-4 hours. Quantity was the same... what the hell happened here?! i didn't even finish the sandwich this time (1/4 remaining).

When i eat the same quantity as my friends, i feel drowsy because of all the blood that goes into the digestive tract to digest the food... but my friends feel fine. Sometimes i'd even take a nap. I'd like to eat a lot, but i can't eat as much as the average person, also i'm a very slow eater.

Interesting:
Spicy food makes my nose run like a fountain, i try to eat it fast and get it over with.

I'm finished writing about myself. I hope that this rings a bell and that i could get your opinion on possible digestive disorders so i can begin researching them.

Many Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread