It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

stressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB User
Pain when bending

Has anyone had this problem. I have had many tests, both cardiac and gastro and the only thing they have found is some gastritis, but nothing to account for my pain. This has been going on for months and I have had 2 er visits thinking I was having a heart attack. At first I didn't notice it was with certain movements, I just knew it was happening when I was doing something. Now I can see it is much worse when certain movements. I cannot bend at all without intense pain below the sternum, like a straight line from that spot to above navel. It spreads to my back and sometimes into my neck. It is taking less and less to bring on the pain and longer for the pain to stop. My doctor thinks its just from the gastritis and anxiety. I have also lost so much weight I am off work. My doctor says gain the weight back and you will be better. I am trying but have no appetitie, and I had the pain before the weight loss. I am getting more depressed and scared. I can do less and less, and am afraid to do much. They have given PPI's which do not seem do much. The gastrologist has suggested Librax, but no one will look into the root of the problem. I am going to a therapist just to deal with the pain and how it is affecting me emotionally. I have noticed old posts with similar problems but no solution. If anyone has anything like this and has a diagnosis and solution. Please Please let me know. I want my life back, I was once an extremely active person, now I can barely drive my daughter to school!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
(male)

daduka HB User
Re: Pain when bending

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedtomax View Post
Has anyone had this problem. I have had many tests, both cardiac and gastro and the only thing they have found is some gastritis, but nothing to account for my pain. This has been going on for months and I have had 2 er visits thinking I was having a heart attack. At first I didn't notice it was with certain movements, I just knew it was happening when I was doing something. Now I can see it is much worse when certain movements. I cannot bend at all without intense pain below the sternum, like a straight line from that spot to above navel. It spreads to my back and sometimes into my neck. It is taking less and less to bring on the pain and longer for the pain to stop. My doctor thinks its just from the gastritis and anxiety. I have also lost so much weight I am off work. My doctor says gain the weight back and you will be better. I am trying but have no appetitie, and I had the pain before the weight loss. I am getting more depressed and scared. I can do less and less, and am afraid to do much. They have given PPI's which do not seem do much. The gastrologist has suggested Librax, but no one will look into the root of the problem. I am going to a therapist just to deal with the pain and how it is affecting me emotionally. I have noticed old posts with similar problems but no solution. If anyone has anything like this and has a diagnosis and solution. Please Please let me know. I want my life back, I was once an extremely active person, now I can barely drive my daughter to school!

Hi... Did you solve your problem.. When I lay down to sleep at night I get this heart attack symptoms and loud noise in my intestines... But I have no pain while bending or whatsoever... I'm desperate too...

Old 07-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

I am still going for many tests. No one knows the exact cause. In May I ended up in the hospital with blood pressure spikes. They kept me for four days, they got my bp somewhat down with 2 medications. But I still get them, just not to that extreme. At the time everytime I went from laying, sitting to standing my bp would go up to like 180/116 and I would feel awful(head pressure, sweating, neck and back hurting badly). I still have problems with bending, I avoid stairs and mornings are awful, I feel like I am 100 years old. Stomach still gives me some problems, but I am eating better. I have been thru many heart tests, cat scan of head, ultra sounds of abdomen, xrays of chest and neck. Yesterday I went for a nerve test of my neck. I was told my nerves in the left side of neck are irritated and I have an appt to go over those results. Next week I go for a test that takes several days (called an IMBG) to check for adrenal tumors. I am going for physical therapy for my neck, but I know that this more than just a pinched nerve. All I can do is keep going to doctors, and try to do as much as I can without causing a relapse. I am walking quite a bit. With it being summer, I have discovered that when I first get up and feel terrible, I walk the block and I feel a little better, I walk very stiff at first but I do seem to loosen up as the day goes on.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
(male)

daduka HB User

Good luck with tests... Please share results when you get better...

Old 11-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
(female)

Still do not have answers! So frustrating. I have been told I have several things, but not the answer for my problems. I have been avoiding many activities and had been doing a little better, still not functioning like a normal person, but not in as much pain and able to do some. But today, I was forced to go down some stairs (long story) and within an hour, I was feeling bad. It is about nine hours later and I am still not doing well. I am hoping tomorrow I will wake up and be better but afraid this has started a episode which can last weeks. God, I hope not.
I am having pain in back of head and back and left side of neck, pain on left side of face (jaw and below eye and near ear), pain down the back from that same line.
When I stand up it gets worse and I get more pain on left side, plus pulse goes crazy. BP meds are keeping my BP pretty good, but higher than usually is. My appetite is non existent when this happens.

I have been told I have pots, probably hyper because of my high bp. But I haven''t heard of any pots patients having my weird symptoms. It has been almost 15 months, and I still need answers. It is Thanksgiving, and I am home alone. I sent my husband and daughter on to family, I tried to go but was too "ill' don't know what else to call it, to do anything. It sucks.

I have been told it is not my heart, but its hard not to think it is some cardiac issue.
Bending, stairs, sex, heavy lifting all cause this. On most days, I can walk 2 miles ok, so it strenuous activity not lots of activity.
Any suggestions. a fit 45 not feel like a poor 100 year old. What kind of mom or wife, can I be like this?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Stressedtomax, I suffer from what I think is the same problem. An hour or so ago I bent down and got the worst chest pain. It felt like I got stabbed in the heart. I straightened upright right away and my panic attacks started. I got on the computer to Google what it could be. I was not worried that it was my heart because I have had a stress test done, EKG, x-rays and most other cardiovascular test done and all have tested negative. As I was researching it, I noticed that my pain had eased a little but got worse on two spots (about the size of a dime) in my esophagus that burn when I drink orange or lemon juice. I think that the pain was from acid from my stomach that got into my esophagus and burned it. I was on BP medicine before (beta blockers) that weakened my esophagus valve (sphincter) and got reflux disease. I have experienced this pain before when bending down but did not link it to being a gastro problem until today. So, if my theory is correct, I have a few questions for you that I hope will help us find the answer to this problem. Do you get this pain even after you eat? I think that food will stop the acid from reaching the esophagus and won’t cause pain but if there is no food from stopping the acid from reaching the esophagus, you will experience pain. Also, can you get Gaviscon liquid and try it the next time that you experience pain and see if it stops the pain? The Gaviscon liquid will coat the esophagus and will also neutralize any acid that it comes in contact with. I have had great success with Gaviscon in stopping pain in just a minute or two. I have not tried it to test my theory but plan to. I started taking Prilozec (Omeoprazole) 40mg a few days ago with hopes that my esophagus heals. I read that you are taking PPIs, do you mind me asking what you are taking? Sometimes I find myself being a guinea pig because doctors cannot find the answer but I don’t mind if it will help me find the answer. I would also like to hear from other people who suffer from similar problems to see what their outcome is.

As a side note, beta blockers stop the body from creating adrenaline so your adrenaline problems may be due to the BP medicine. When I have panics attacks my blood pressure has gone up to 190/110 and I also suffer from neck pains (like from my neck aorta) but I think it is due to the acid coming up. I also suffer from clogged ears, ringing ears and ear pressure and have lost 15 lbs. in three months. My teeth hurt like when I bleach my teeth so I blame that on the acid as well. Even my jaw hurts and all started when I started to have reflux. I am in my late forties and also feel like I am a hundred years old with all of these health problems.

Last edited by Seekingpeace12; 12-10-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
(female)

SeekingPeace12.
I have tried Gaviscon in the past. I have taken many different antacids and ppi's, but I have not taken any in several months. While I was having reflux last year, that stopped but the pain and high blood pressure have not. Most of the times this is happening with certain activities, not with eating. Although, I do avoid many foods and beverages.
I actually had many months where eating did not cause any problems. Recently, that has had a flare up, but I think it is because I ate some stuff I usually don't.
I have slowly regained some weight, but still need to gain some more. I have always been thin.
It sounds like you have had a lot of problems also.
I have to take bps, at least until this is figured out. If I even am late for a dose I begin to have much worse symptoms.
Sorry I will try to type more, I have to get kids to bed.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, bending, gastritis, under sternum