It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

Angelmary HB User
Red face Newly Diagnosed With Gastritis & an Ulcer

Hello, this is my first post here. I am here because last week I spent 5 days in the hospital with a GI tube down my nose for 3 of the 5 days I was in the hospital. I went in to ER with bad stomach pain and severe bloating. I had a endoscope done and was diagnosed with gastritis and an ulcer. After being released from the hospital and, now 5 days later I get full very quickly when I try to eat a meal. I get stomach pain and a small amount of bloating. I had a xray done again and it came back normal. I am awaiting the results of my ultra sound. My question is why is this happening and is it normal for gastritis or an ulcer? I am very tired and wanting to sleep a lot. I have missed two weeks of work from this and want to get better so I can go back to work, but do not see that in my future right away. This gastritis that I was told I have, does it go away? Will I be able to eat normal again? Will the episodes I am experiencing get worse and force me to go back to hospital again with another GI tube put in? What can I do to not feel so full? I mean I sit down to eat, have 4 or 5 bites and am done, Why? I am getting very frustrated with all of this. Will stress make this condition worse? My job is a high stress job. Will this affect my other health conditions, asthma, hiatal hernia, IBS? And about the meds I take, do any of these make the condition worse, aspirin to prevent strokes, (I previously had a series of small mini strokes, diagnosed with small vesticular disease), simvastatin (high cholesterol, very high), asthma meds (accolate, serevent, pulmicort, proair), NSAIDs (clinoril) for my severe arthritis and busitis, and lyrica for myalgia? I know to many questions, but I don't feel I am getting very many answers from my doctors. Please help, need advice badly. And I want to get better soon, is that possible with all the other health conditions I have going on ? I search for answers and pray I get them soon. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed With Gastritis & an Ulcer

It does sound like you've had a very hard time of it. Gastritis and ulcers usually heal in 1-2 months if the causes are treated.

Probably part of the reason you're tired is lack of nourishment. Have you tried liquid meal replacements, like Ensure? You mention feeling full too quickly, did anyone mention the possibility that your GI tract is moving too slowly?

Your NSAID is almost certainly making your stomach worse. The hospital should have told you that. The aspirin isn't great for your stomach either, but you need that.

Are you on any new medications? A proton pump inhibitor? Carafate? Erythromycin? Were you tested for H. Pylori infection?

I would make an appointment with a good gastroenterologist. Then see what happens. Meanwhile, just keep eating or at least drinking as well as you can.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloating, gastritis, stomach pain, ulcers