It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
(male)

ALanm HB User
I seem to have an issue digesting fat

I have had symptoms of GERD for quite a while now but recently I have had issues with digesting fat apparently. Also, I wouldn't be surpirsed if I had a hiatal hernia.

For example, I eat salmon. Then, almost immediately after finishing the meal, I get really severe stomach pain, gas, and then I get diarrhea. The stool is very oily it seems.

The EXACT same thing happened to me on individual occasions eating trout and gyros.

But now today, I just ate two eggs and I got the same feeling again, just no diarrhea.

My bowel movements are definitely irregular. I'm somewhat bloated all the time.

I really think I should have an endoscopy... or perhaps a colonoscopy so I can get a doctor to figure out what's going on inside. I am only 19 years old by the way. I weigh 135 lbs, I'm 5'6.

Last edited by ALanm; 04-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: I seem to have an issue digesting fat

Have your gallbladder checked, as well. That sounds more like a gallbladder problem than GERD. For now, try to minimize fat in your diet to avoid the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
(male)

ALanm HB User
Re: I seem to have an issue digesting fat

i don't know if this is important to mention, but when I don't have diarrhea, my stool is always green. that means bile, right? and I know Galstones can stop bile from going into the duodenum. I don't know -_-

Closed Thread