It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
(male)

td89 HB User
Changes in Gastrointestinal/Digestive System (Colonscopy & Endoscopy came back normal

I would say around October of last year, I noticed a big difference in my digestive system. Instead of going to the bathroom usually about once a day, I was sometimes going 2 or 3 times a day, and often feeling bloated or feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom often, even when I really didn't need to. This was accompanied sometimes by gas, and there has been a very small amount of blood when having bowel movements (not in the stool, but when whiping). Also, some anal itching. I really seemed to notice that after eating a meal, I needed to have a bowel much quicker than what seemed normal.

The problem was never accompanied with any pain, and it wasn't constant or every day it seemed, so I was unsure of what to do. Finally, this March I went to a Gastrointestinal doctor. He did a stool sample, colonoscopy, and endoscopy. Everything looked good according to him, even after biopsys on both the colonoscopy and endoscopy. He had ruled out any of the serioes diseases (like Chrons) after the colonoscopy. After the colonoscopy his best bet was Celiac disease. The biopsy from the endoscopy showed nothing. Everything looked "normal" according to him.

Now I don't know what to do. I could go back to him, but I don't honestly know what the next step should be. I am taking the over the counter medicine Align every day now, and I was thinking that was helping for awhile, but now I'm not so sure.

I am a 22 year old male by the way. I am otherwise in good health condition I would say. I did have back surgery last February, but have had essentially zero pain after getting surgery (lumbar discectomy). I brought this up to the GI and it didn't seem to be causing any of this (i know some people with serious herniated disc issues sometimes say their bowel movements were affected).

My family (dad's side) has a history of heart and stomach issues. Mostly dealing with the upper part of the stomach though - dad has acid reflux (I have a very minor case of it). But in general "stomach issues" run amuck on my dad's side.

I'm just wondering what my next steps should be. I thought I might be alergic to something, but my diet varies so much on a daily basis, I am having real trouble nailing this down to one type of food or ingredient.

Because my GI brought up celiac disease, I thought about it possibly being a gluten intolerance or a dairy intolerance/lactose intolerance.

Any thoughts or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by td89; 04-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread