It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
(male)

dashadiet HB User
abdominal distention and trouble breathing

hi im paul im 45 and from london,at the age of 26 i had n episode where i started getting severe headaches that i now know to be cluster headaches.i ended up at the gp i had then who diagnosed them as migraines n prescribed soluble migravess,these didnt help n ended up taking way too much.at this time i was a skinny guy with a completely flat stomach n no history of anything like ibs next day i was sat on my bed back on the wall all of a sudden my back clicked went to straighten up n at that time i felt a rush of air in my abdomen which caused me to collapse n pass out on the floor,thought i was dying.came round n noticed i found it very hard to draw breath looking at my stomach it had gone from flat to very distended n has been that way since near 20 years now.ive had many tests endoscopes sigmoidascopes treatment for helicobacter n ibs found that i have scarring from ulcers n also diverticular disease also emphysema have nausea gagging joint aches tiredness found this site but difference with other discriptions is my distention never goes away

Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
(male)

dashadiet HB User
Re: abdominal distention and trouble breathing

so many views no replys

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
(male)

dashadiet HB User

well thankyou for the quick advice everyone

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Paul,
It is very difficult to take 20 years of a person's medical history that is compacted in a paragraph and written in general terms and come up with any significant advice and I have been on this board since 1999.

We in the USA don't really know how the Engish system works-- I have read that many times it takes a long time to see a Doctor about a problem. Here if we have a problem we see a doctor that day or very soon if not urgent is not required.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-02-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
(male)

dashadiet HB User

ive been going back n forth to the docs for near 20 years now various tests countless blood tests just had a bunch yesterday,i have been diagnosed with emphysema diverticular disease ibs and severe cluster headaches but so far they cant find anything causing my abdominal distention or breathing discomfort and no treatments for ibs have worked over the years.the distention and discomfort are constant which after so long have left me very anxious and a nervous wreck it all came on sudden all that time back and dont really know what to do or where to turn.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Paul,
The diverticlar problems can be helped by taking a soluble fiber supplement like psyllium seed husk fiber twice deaily--- It will bulk up your stool and act like a cleaning agent. A person needs to take 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily for normal BMs and it needs to be divided between soluble and insoluble fiber.

IBS if it is the kind produced by diarrhea--- take a strong proiotic supplement like VLS3. You can read about it at the Top of the IBS boards. It is a sticky threat at the top about a female thar had IBS for 25 years and was 95% cured using VSL3.
I think when you help you help your gastrointestinal problems ---it may also help the distention and breathing??

I don't know anything about cluster headaches??

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-17-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 05-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #7
(male)

dashadiet HB User

did take fibregel for quite along time also acidophulos charcol peppermint amongst other things nothing really seems to improve the distention or breathing issues constantly feel like theres alot of restriction around my insides ache n feel tired alot,headaches aint really headaches as such do the opposite n are quite severe they and the distention all began at the same time and the distention was after taking a soluble migraine remedy which i understand was quickly taken off the market.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
(male)

dashadiet HB User

whoo no help here then

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
(male)

dashadiet HB User

ive tried everything had every test nothing helps docs are a waste can i not get advice anywhere

Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
(male)

dashadiet HB User

wow gee thanx

Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
(male)

jenko2005 HB User

Hi Paul,

Something my gastro said to me today that i havent seen in any of your posts have you had any biopsys performed, as myself ive had the endoscopy but just because everything looks clear they should of still performed biopsys for testing just a thought as you havent mentioned it, i will inform you of my results after my procedure next week just in case something is there but everything looks clear

jenko

Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
(male)

dashadiet HB User

had a biopsy at the start almost 20 years ago,they suspected ibs but were not sure didnt follow up or give advice to gp have also got scarring from duodenal ulcers diverticular disease and had helicobacter.i wish i could explain my on going symptoms better,my groin abdomen lower back n thighs feel bloated beyond discomfort

Closed Thread