It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

snowquietgirl HB User
Constipation Strain Question

I was really constipated today, and I was straining really hard. Now my abdomen hurts, and I'm worried I may have done some harm. Is that possible at all?

Edit/update:

And now that it's been a day, my abdomen is still sort of hurting. I went a little bit today, but not much, and it didn't require a lot of straining. But since it still hurts, like in my lower right region I'm worried.

Last edited by snowquietgirl; 05-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Constipation Strain Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowquietgirl View Post
I was really constipated today, and I was straining really hard. Now my abdomen hurts, and I'm worried I may have done some harm. Is that possible at all?
You probably irritated and strained some of your abdominal muscles and might be sore for several hours . You can cause anal fissures and hemorrhoids by straining so hard. Hopefully you're not like me and have chronic constipation problems for years and this once in awhile occurrence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Re: Constipation Strain Question

Don't strain!! I know it's hard to, but that's the worst you can do because you can end up getting hemorrhoids. The stomach pain sounds like the straining strained your insides, but you should be okay. If you find yourself needing to strain, I would definitely get some more fiber + water in your diet. Don't start taking lots of fiber suddenly, up the intake slowly and also accompany it with water because too much fiber alone can constipate you too. Good luck!

Closed Thread