It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

sgriff HB User
unable to eat red meat and fruites???

Hi Everyone,
I'm a 24 year old female and in the past couple of months I've developed an issue that I've never had in my entire life which is concerning me. I would also like to note that my job does not offer health insurance and I'm not currently insured. Due to these reasons, I am not insured so I have not been able to visit a doctor regarding these problems.
A couple of months ago was the first episode. We had steak for dinner and about 30 minutes after I finished eating I started getting awful gas pains and didn't feel good. I immediately started having severe diarrhea. After going to the bathroom I felt better except for still having some gas but the pain was gone. The next morning my bowel movements were back to normal.
I thought maybe there was something wrong with the meat although out of 4 people I was the only one who got sick.
Soon I started realizing that nearly every time I ate red meat I was getting sick. The problems were a little better if the meal also contained some carbohydrates. I also noticed that the symptoms varied from time to time. Sometimes when I would eat red meats I would get the diarrhea but other times I would just get very sick to my stomach and would end up throwing up. I always feel better after going to the bathroom or throwing up.
Someone suggested that I start taking probiotics which I did. The actually did help and I started being able to eat anything without having these awful symptoms. Very recently there was one week that I had forgotten to take the probiotics and had made meatballs for dinner. Two hours after eating I was throwing up.
Regarding fruites: I notice when I eat dried fruites I am getting the worst gas. Loud gurgling noises in my stomach with sharp gas pains. I feel like it is beyond the norm.
I'm convinced that the probiotics help, at least with the meat problems, but I am concerned. Obviously something is off in my body to have such problems. I would like to know what causes this, why did it just start happening after a lifetime of no problems, is there anything I should be doing or taking, etc. Hopefully someone else has experienced this and might be able to help me figure out what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread