weird stomach noises, change in bowel color/consis, bloating/gas, stress related??
Hello all, 22 year old male here who just finished finals. I have developed the following symptoms:
1. Bloating, especially after I eat (doesnt matter what)
2. A lot of gas (more than usual)
3. unusual stomach noises, especially after I eat (can't tell if they are stomach noises or intestinal noises?)
4. change in both stool consistency and color. No blood, but they are more yellow now. There was one time where the stool was light grey. They are also thinner than usual sometimes, other times come out as small round balls I guess.
5. weird abdominal burning (burning feels like its coming from the inside), this burning feeling is dull but gets worse when I sit for a long time
I do NOT have diahrea, nausea, vomitting, or any pain. At first I had mild constipation but now I am going, but still have change in color/consistency of stool. I saw a doctor and she said all of this was most likely due to stress. I have been stressed lately but I know my body and the above symptoms are not/never how my body deals with stress.....and I keep worrying that I might have gerd, some type of cancer, stomach ulcer, crohn's or something etc. All of this has been going on for almost 2 weeks. At night I get weird stomach feelings and rumbling sounds keep me awake and I have to pass a lot of gas just to be able to fall asleep. I have not severly changed my diet in any way.
Should I get a colonoscopy/endoscopy? Can stress alone really cause all of the above symptoms?