It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

vicky1170 HB User
chest pain and pain when swallowing

About 5 days ago when i was drinking coffee, i couldn't swallow it because it felt like it was going the wrong way. Now it hurts whenever i eat, i have a really bad pain im my chest and hurts when i breath. I also now have a constant headache Its really starting to worry me. Is there anything I can do? and what could it be?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User
Re: chest pain and pain when swallowing

Do you think it could be heart burn or dyspepsia? In heartburn there is a burning sensation in the chest- often just behind the breastbone . The pain often rises in the chest and may radiate to the neck, throat or angle of the jaw.

Heartburn is usually associated with regurgitation of gastric acid (gastric reflux) which is the major symptom of GERD. the chest pain caused by GERD has a distinct 'burning' sensation, occurs after eating or at night, and worsens when a person lies down or bends over. heartburn or chest pain after eating or drinking and combined with difficulty swalowing may indicate esophagal spasms.

This is just a suggestion about what you might possibly be experiencing. If in fact it is something like this, you may need to take medicine. Good luck

Last edited by stasis4; 06-01-2012 at 07:21 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stasis4 For This Useful Post:
janewhite1 (05-20-2012), vicky1170 (05-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
chest, difficulty breathing, pain, swallow