It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

Danismum HB User
Hitus hernia or gerd?

I really don't know what's wrong with me...it started in January 2012 I had indigestion everyday for 2 weeks, Rennies/Tums helped slightly

I then went to the Drs and she said I may have an ulcer so gave me 28 days of 20mg Omeprezole once a day

I finished the course and got the usual acid rebound but this† didn't go away?

So 2 weeks after I went back to the drs and was given another 28 day course .... During this course I started to get a pain under my left rib which was bearable but uncomfy

I finished that course... Got the usual acid rebound which lasted 3 days the bliss indigestion gone..... But still ths pain on the left side was there

I was tested twice for H Pylori this was negative
Another dr told me I probably ad a hitual Hernia and to stay on omeprezole forever (not happy with that as how the dr say I have one without a endoscope or scan)

2 weeks later the burning stomachs came back and the left side pain got worse... Even when I was on omeprezole the side pain carried on....

So nw I am back on Omeprazole day 8...... Burning stomachs have gone but left pain is still there tends to get worse as the day goes on, it's like a pinching pain feels bruised but doesn't hurt when I press it feels more internal

I thought maybe constipation as I have one co codomol every night due to a bad back but ths whole business started in jan when I was having panic attacks and diarrhoea

I'm thinking splenic flexure? And IBS or hitual hernia

I've had an ultrasound yesterday but she didn't even do the site of my pain??

So I'm thinking about asking for a barium swallow... Trying to out an endoscope off as long as possible the thought scares me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread