It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

loneman HB User
Undiagnosed GI problems

Hi all, I'm 32 y/o male and I started having regular periods of diarrhea (2-3 days) every 2-3 weeks about 3 years ago. When it's not diarrhea my stools tend to be unformed and soft and thin - don't think pencil thin, but a lot narrower than normal. At around the same time my GI problems started I've developed some strange neurological symptoms - fatigue, vision distortions, unsteadiness on my feet, etc. I've been to a bunch of doctors, had MRI of the brain, CT scans, numerious blood tests, etc, all normal. I also saw a gastroentorologist and had colonoscopy done in Jan 2010 since I was also having discomfort in the lower right abdomen. The colonoscopy was completely normal. He didn't have many ideas afterwards - just asked me to take some probiotics which didn't make any difference. Recently I found out that my vitamin b-12 and vitamin d were on the low side - don't think deficient, but low (b-12 364 and d 19). I started on b-12 supplements about a month ago and recently tested b-12 at 586. I dont think my neuro symptoms improved by much yet, but if I was low for several years I've read it may take a while. I told my gastroentorologist about the low b-12 and he suggested that we do endoscopy to look at my stomach. I'm going back to him next week. I feel like my GI and neuoro problems are connected and possibly my indigestion is causing malabsorbtion of some sort, which could explain my low vitamin levels. I read about SIBO and Celiac's as possible causes, but I'm not sure if my symptoms really match those diseases. Other than that occasional discomfort, I dont have any pains or cramps. I usually have BMs once a day and I'm on a healthy diet. Not overweight, dont smoke and dont drink much alchohol much. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? It seems like no matter what I do I just can't get back to normal. Thanks for any advice in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread