It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
(female)

nattie73 HB User
gastritis/acid reflex

Hi everyone i have bad gastritis at the moment and acid reflex i did a test to check if my stomach acid was to high or to low it came back i have low stomach acid so i ordered apple cider vinegar for it used 1 small teaspoon in water yesterday and omg it caused my agony the pain took my breath away i thought it would help as i have low stomach acid can anyone give me advice im thinking of just not eating anymore because my stomach is so delicate at the moment apple cider vinegar i read is suppose to good for gastritis so why would it hurt me?just living on low fat salmon and egg whites at the moment and taking slippery elm but cant say slippery elm is helping much i have terribil gas with the gastritis and it causes trapped gas for me to at the moment my stomach churns and makes voilent noises when i ear and drink water i did 6 tests for candida and always come back i dont have it even did blood antibody test and says i dont have it and never have but i still have the low stomach acid and gastritis i just wana help my tummy heal it causes me so much pain and it goes through to my back and chest its agony its making me feel sucidual i spent 4 days in hospital with it on iv and they told me mild gastritis would not cause this much pain but it is for me its horrific any advice pls so so sad

Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: gastritis/acid reflex

I always thought vinegar was acid, I could never tollerate that with my stomach condition.
Have you been tested for H.Pylori and do you take PPIs.
The only thing that helps my reflux is Gaviscon or Aloe-Vera juice. I have Nexium for when things get really bad.
Have you had an Endoscopy to see what is going on and what were you prescribed.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

nattie73 HB User

yes they just said mild gastritis and acid reflex is it normal for gastritis to go through your whole back and chest and feel very deep sharp?? when i ate a banana today i got stabbing in my abdomen acid reducers never help me i wish they did im in so much pain with all of this i just broke down crying
all i wanna do is make it better but even water is now hurting i dont know what to do anymore?my amaysle in my pancras is midly raised to and all this pain is fricking me out do u think ishould maybe not eat anymore and just water fast

The following user gives a hug of support to nattie73:
solofelix (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

If one PPI dosen't help then there are others you could try.
Try eating small meals and stick with simple things like poached salmon, scrambled egg, small amount of mashed potatoe anything that is easy to digest. Steer clear of any acidic foods and carbohydrates, these can be introduced later.
You should have a review with your Dr to see how any medication is working. I am able to drink milk, water, tea (herbal or ordinary), hot chocolate.
Alcohol is completely NO NO for me, after having Ulcers I cannot drink any alcohol, I do not drink Coffee either. Look up Acid-Relux diet and adjust any to suit yourself.
Hope you soon feel better,

Solofelix.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
(female)

nattie73 HB User

i am eating low fat salmon and egg whites still everytime i eat the pain goes into my left hand side all the way down my back and into my chest im taking pain meds because it that bad i dont take ibrofen or anti inflamotorys i thought slippery elm would help ???does anyone know whethere dgl liquorice is good for stomach inflamation??thinking of ordering some but scared to try it after what the apple cider vinegar did today for lunch im just going to have the slippery elm i just cant take the pain been in tears with it yesterday

Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
Have you had a Colonoscopy.
I suffered bad pain on my left side below my ribs, a Colonoscopy showed I had
Diverticulitis. I used to think it was an older persons complaint but someone on one of
the boards told me not nessesary so.
You should ask for further investigation.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread