HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   chronic nausea (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/903910-chronic-nausea.html)

rockinfarm 06-01-2012 12:14 PM

I have had nausea for over a year. Went away for about 6 mos. and came back. No dizziness, little stomach pain, occasional diarrhea. Nausea seems to get worse after bowel movement. Gets better in late afternoon and evening. Have had upper gi, colonoscopy, small bowell follow thru, stomach emptying test, allergy testing and inner ear testing. Have had blood work and stool test. Don't know where to turn.

flipfleury 06-06-2012 09:18 PM

Re: chronic nausea

[QUOTE=rockinfarm;4994200]I have had nausea for over a year. Went away for about 6 mos. and came back. No dizziness, little stomach pain, occasional diarrhea. Nausea seems to get worse after bowel movement. Gets better in late afternoon and evening. Have had upper gi, colonoscopy, small bowell follow thru, stomach emptying test, allergy testing and inner ear testing. Have had blood work and stool test. Don't know where to turn.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it could be acid reflux. Try not lie down for at least 2 hours after eating,put the head of your bed on bed risers. Watch what you eat,try to keep away from acidic,spicy,greasy and very fatty foods. I sometimes I get diarrhea from high fatty and greasy foods.

solofelix 06-08-2012 08:43 AM

Hi,
Its possible your stomach feels empty after a bowel movement and that could be a cause of the Nausea.
After a bowel movement try eating something small and light, also before you eat try Domperidone for the Nausea.
Hope you soon feel better,

Solofelix.

noevr 06-08-2012 03:14 PM

I agree w/ the acid reflux I have it and it causes me to have nausea a LOT! My dr. advised me to take prilosec OTC twice a day and it took about a week for it to go away. I'd give it a try. stay away from spicey, tomato, fried, foods and such. cj

tomrrw 06-23-2012 05:22 AM

Re: Constant nausea, worse after bowel movement

hi rockinfarm, sorry for the late reply.

also - i just typed out a huge response and then accidently went 'back' and lost it all!!

in summary though, my situation has largely improved but is not completely resolved. i did a breath test for food-sugars and gave a positive result for fructose malabsorbtion. then went on a FODMAP diet which seemed to help.

I would love to chat to you in more detail about each of our situations and experiences.

hopefully hear from you soon!

cygnet2 06-23-2012 04:13 PM

Have you had your gallbladder checked? Ask your MD. Nausea is frequently a symptom of gallbladder issues.

rockinfarm 06-26-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Constant nausea, worse after bowel movement

Thanks for responding. I will ask my doctor to do the breath test. I would also like to visit w/ you about problems/results. Will post when I have a little more time. Thanks.

sealbeachluvr 07-15-2012 06:48 AM

Nasea is a sign of gallbladder; however, if the nausea is everyday then most likely it is Acid Reflex. I have nausea every day (5:47 AM) and I have it right now and this is why I am on the site, still looking for answers, but with Gallbladder, nausea is not presistent.

rockinfarm 07-15-2012 07:46 AM

Thanks. I haven't had any diagnosis yet, but will let you know if I get one.

solofelix 07-15-2012 11:22 AM

Hi,
I suffered awful nausea with H.Pylori and Ulcers,
if in any doubt get checked out for these conditions.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

sealbeachluvr 07-15-2012 06:41 PM

Did you suffer with nausea everyday? What did you take to control it?
How did you help your ulcer? I tested negative for the H.Pylori and haven't been tested for an Ulcer. It takes a lot to get the Dr to check stuff so this will be some time down the road

[QUOTE=solofelix;5020028]Hi,
I suffered awful nausea with H.Pylori and Ulcers,
if in any doubt get checked out for these conditions.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.[/QUOTE]

solofelix 07-16-2012 01:26 AM

Hi
Where I live they do an Endoscopy and Biopsy to check for H.Pylori, my Ulcer was diagnosed because I had bleeding from my stomach after taking Anti-Inflamatories for another problem.
I was prescribed Nexium to protect my stomach from acid while the Ulcer healed.
For the Nausea which occured everyday, I was prescribed DOMPERIDONE which you can also buy OTC in the Chemist here and I have to say it really did help the Nausea.
Fresh Ginger sliced in boiled water or Ginger Tea is also helpful.

Solofelix.