It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
(male)

rockinfarm HB User
I have had nausea for over a year. Went away for about 6 mos. and came back. No dizziness, little stomach pain, occasional diarrhea. Nausea seems to get worse after bowel movement. Gets better in late afternoon and evening. Have had upper gi, colonoscopy, small bowell follow thru, stomach emptying test, allergy testing and inner ear testing. Have had blood work and stool test. Don't know where to turn.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-26-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: chronic nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinfarm View Post
I have had nausea for over a year. Went away for about 6 mos. and came back. No dizziness, little stomach pain, occasional diarrhea. Nausea seems to get worse after bowel movement. Gets better in late afternoon and evening. Have had upper gi, colonoscopy, small bowell follow thru, stomach emptying test, allergy testing and inner ear testing. Have had blood work and stool test. Don't know where to turn.
Maybe it could be acid reflux. Try not lie down for at least 2 hours after eating,put the head of your bed on bed risers. Watch what you eat,try to keep away from acidic,spicy,greasy and very fatty foods. I sometimes I get diarrhea from high fatty and greasy foods.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
rockinfarm (06-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Its possible your stomach feels empty after a bowel movement and that could be a cause of the Nausea.
After a bowel movement try eating something small and light, also before you eat try Domperidone for the Nausea.
Hope you soon feel better,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
rockinfarm (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I agree w/ the acid reflux I have it and it causes me to have nausea a LOT! My dr. advised me to take prilosec OTC twice a day and it took about a week for it to go away. I'd give it a try. stay away from spicey, tomato, fried, foods and such. cj

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
rockinfarm (06-09-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
(male)

tomrrw HB User
Re: Constant nausea, worse after bowel movement

hi rockinfarm, sorry for the late reply.

also - i just typed out a huge response and then accidently went 'back' and lost it all!!

in summary though, my situation has largely improved but is not completely resolved. i did a breath test for food-sugars and gave a positive result for fructose malabsorbtion. then went on a FODMAP diet which seemed to help.

I would love to chat to you in more detail about each of our situations and experiences.

hopefully hear from you soon!

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-23-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Please do not post, or request contact information, such as email address, phone or name, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

cygnet2 HB User

Have you had your gallbladder checked? Ask your MD. Nausea is frequently a symptom of gallbladder issues.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
(male)

rockinfarm HB User
Re: Constant nausea, worse after bowel movement

Thanks for responding. I will ask my doctor to do the breath test. I would also like to visit w/ you about problems/results. Will post when I have a little more time. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

Nasea is a sign of gallbladder; however, if the nausea is everyday then most likely it is Acid Reflex. I have nausea every day (5:47 AM) and I have it right now and this is why I am on the site, still looking for answers, but with Gallbladder, nausea is not presistent.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
(male)

rockinfarm HB User

Thanks. I haven't had any diagnosis yet, but will let you know if I get one.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I suffered awful nausea with H.Pylori and Ulcers,
if in any doubt get checked out for these conditions.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

Did you suffer with nausea everyday? What did you take to control it?
How did you help your ulcer? I tested negative for the H.Pylori and haven't been tested for an Ulcer. It takes a lot to get the Dr to check stuff so this will be some time down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
I suffered awful nausea with H.Pylori and Ulcers,
if in any doubt get checked out for these conditions.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi
Where I live they do an Endoscopy and Biopsy to check for H.Pylori, my Ulcer was diagnosed because I had bleeding from my stomach after taking Anti-Inflamatories for another problem.
I was prescribed Nexium to protect my stomach from acid while the Ulcer healed.
For the Nausea which occured everyday, I was prescribed DOMPERIDONE which you can also buy OTC in the Chemist here and I have to say it really did help the Nausea.
Fresh Ginger sliced in boiled water or Ginger Tea is also helpful.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread