It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

carys2011 HB User
nausea & metal taste in mouth (gastic emptying scan normal)

Hello All,

I would love any any advice or opinions. After I eat I feel nauseas and bloated and on the verge of vomitting. It does not matter what I eat (but the more solid the item the worse). Even drinking water makes me feel nausea. I feel nausea 24/7. Eating yogurt and drinking smoothies as opposed to meals helps control it.

This started suddenly in April. I don't have celiac or allergies. I have had a CT and two Ultrasounds. Nothing came up. I took prilosec in case it was an ulcer (although does not feel like an ulcer). Prilosec does not help either.

I had a Gastric Emptying Scan and after 75 minutes 50% of my stomach had emptied. At 90 minutes it had emptied 60%. I was told this is normal.

So I was told I don't have Gastroparesis. I just have no idea what could be making me feel so ill, I am constantly on the verge of vomiting all the time. Recently my mouth tastes like metal after I eat and drink it is worse, but constant all the time like the nausea.

Any ideas would be wonderful. Thank you for reading.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: nausea & metal taste in mouth (gastic emptying scan normal)

Hi,
Try Domperidone for the Nausea also sliced fresh ginger or ginger tea is also helpful.
Have you mentioned the Metalic taste to your Dr as that could be something that needs looking into.
Are you on any medication as the metalic taste could be a side-effect.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread