It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

mndmommy HB User
Unhappy blood stools and alternating diarrhea and constipation

Several months ago I started noticing mucos in my stools. I didn't really think anything about it at the time, but it continued for about six months, when I began noticing bright red blood in the stools and on the toilet paper. At first it wasn't painful, just blood. The longer that went on the darker the blood got, and now its pretty dark red. About a month ago I started having extremely painful bowel movements, like so bad I'm crying and I can barely use the bathroom. When that started I also began having seemingly random bouts of constipation, alternating with diarrhea. Within the past week or so I've also been having chronic nausea and I've been vomiting. Today the nausea is so bad I can barely get out of bed to care for my children. Also i will sometimes gain and lose large amounts of weight, with no change in my eating or exercise habits. Last week i lost 15 pounds in three days. I have no medical insurance, and I've asked for help and advice from my mother and my various family members who are nurses, but no one can tell me what may be wrong with me.

I will also add that I had a baby three months ago, and this began before I got pregnant.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by mndmommy; 06-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloody stool, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting