It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
diagnosed gastroparesis now this, maybe SIBO? help please.

13 months ago the symtpoms started, after endoscopy showed my stomach still full of food after fasting 12 hours they diagnosed me with gastroparesis (makes me mad they didnt try to find the cause, i was 23 and got it out of nowhere) now when i eat i get even more bloated then ever and it doesnt go away. the only time im not bloated and full is when i dont eat or drink at all for a day and a half at least. my stomach swells huge when i eat or drink (except water) and i can feel awful pressure i know its all gas. the pressure and pain goes away throughout the day as i releive the gas. (gas-x or charcoal doesnt help) its strange because when it all started i didnt have gas at all i mean i didnt release gas absolutly at all. and the bloating only came from food not drinks now i get bloated bad from drinks too. i was always hoping this would start to get better and eventually go away because i cant identify a cause. but it is instead getting worse. does anybody here have advice do you think i have SIBO now?

i tried
Reglan (hated it)
and now i am on erythromycin (the antibiotic) honestly i dont think its doing a thing for me, i keep taking it however in the hopes maybe i have some infection and itll kill it but now thay doesnt seem likely.

my gastroparesis i think could have neen caused by:
-Percocet abuse, but probly not as i havent touched them for 9 months and still feel this way
-Post -viral? probly not as i dont recall having a virus
-Autoimmune? hmm maybe id know more if the doctors took the damn time to show me some attention
-Eating disorder? i doubt it because i have been eating like a normal person (well as normal as u can with gastroparesis) for 8 months still feel the same
-Nerve damage from driving around delivering pizza for 12 hours a day with a gas can in my car in case i ran out of gas so breathing in the gas?
-Act of God because he obviously hates me. yes this seems the most likely reason as i cant identify another cause.

Last edited by Twisted Metal; 06-26-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread