It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
(male)

NamelessMale HB User
I don't know what this is

So about one year ago, I went to the lake with some friends. I kinda swallowed a bit of the nasty green water and soon coughed it back out. It wasn't exactly "throwing up", no food or anything; just the water and syliva. However, this was just the first time. I have done this exact thing (caughing out syliva) quite often. It is related to stress, because it happens everytime anything important to me is about to happen. It's that nervous stomach feeling and walking around makes it worse so I have to sit down. Also, stretching seems to relieve it temporarily. This wouldn't be a problem if I was just born this way; this never happened to me before and its been happening all throughout the year and it is very aggravating. The kind of thing that I would never stress over is multiplied and I feel like I'm about to throw up all day, and eventually end up coughing out spit.

I am 17 years old, a male, and perhaps my weight has something to do with it. I am around 133lbs of average 17 year old height. I do not 'refuse to eat' or 'purposely throw up foods', I just have strong digestive system and am naturally light. Still, I wasn't always this light, I went on the opposite of a diet to gain weight and when I started to lose it again, this started to happen.

What does this sound like?

Old 06-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User
Re: I don't know what this is

What does it sound like? It sounds like you need to see a doctor, who will do a general physical plus blood work.

133 lbs. sound very light. You say "average height for 17" but what does that mean? Why not just say? You could be 5'6" or 6'6"...it makes a big difference for what a normal weight should be. I don't think anyone here can offer you info on a vague symptom with no other info, certainly I can't. You can tie this to a specific incident a year ago, but you haven't seen a doc? If you have, what did he/she say?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

NamelessMale HB User

No, I have not seen a doc. Nor would I like to unless I absolutely have to (just not interested, as strange as that sounds).

As for my height, its about 5'11.

I guess my first question is can being lightweight cause your stomach to feel upset when you are slightly stressed?

I'm not really sure if that incident is the cause, or just the first time. It happens when I go out often. Cold weather also makes it worse (that sounds strange). Say, I go to the movies with some of my friends. Nothing would normally be stressful there but I'll feel stressed and uncomfortable, especially outside at night before we get in. Once we get in, it's a little better but still there until I leave.

Last edited by NamelessMale; 06-29-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

Well, you should only see a doc if you're interested in your health. You should not trust folks like us with your healthcare. This community is here to share experience, not to diagnose/prescribe (imo).

It sounds to me like you are not "lightweight" but underweight. Any number of issues can contribute to this. It is no surprise that cold weather is a problem--you have no fat and probably little muscle. Those are required for body heat, normal functioning, etc. Some of what you describe do not sound physiological. But given that, you should still see a doc. You say you're not interested in that. Are you interested in an answer? Are you interested in health? See a doc. Your kinds of questions/problems cannot be fully addressable with random people on the internet.

Closed Thread