It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
(male)

loneman HB User
Sporadic diarrhea

I've been having sporadic diarrhea on and off for a few years now. It seems as though no matter what I eat or drink it hits me out of nowhere. I usually go once a day, almost never constipated, no cramps or blood in stool. I'm on a very healthy diet, no junk food or soda. I dont smoke and don't drink a lot of alchohol. For example this week I've been having regular complete bowel movements every morning. But today 2 hours after the usual normal bowel movement and just having a cup of coffee I felt an urge to go again and had loose stool. It seems to happen one or twice a week. I didn't eat or drink anything special last night, so I don't think it's related to food.
I had normal colonoscopy about 2 years ago. Was tested for celiac and food allergies - all normal. Also recently tried a course of antibiotics to see if maybe it's due to SIBO, but didn't seem to make much difference either. Anyone have any ideas? Does this sound like IBS?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Sporadic diarrhea

It does sound like it.
IBS is usually diagnosed when everything else has been ruled out. Yours sounds very mild. I was diagnosed after Endoscopy and Colonoscopy procedures. In a lot of cases you can have frequent bowel movements or on the other hand be constipated and both can be accompanied by cramp like pains, gas and nausea.
You should be able to purchace medication in your Chemist OTC, you can give this a try and if no help then I suggest you see your Dr as it could be something else.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread