It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

Ridley18 HB User
I feel like I have gas all of the time

I am going to see my doctor next month and need a starting place on what I think might be wrong with me...
I do have: Anemia caused by thallasemia and Hypothyroid caused by Hashimoto's disease-I am on levothyroxine

Over the past year I have noticed that I am gassy after eating. I started taking pills like beano and charco tabs.
At first, I was eating packaged meals like Lean Cuisines at work for lunch and I would get gas. Then I started getting gas in the mornings too after breakfast. Beano and other pills never worked/or helped much...so I cut out the lean cuisines and started making sandwiches for lunch. I still have the gas problem at lunch :/
I quit eating raisins & grapes because I noticed that after eating them I got gassy. So I figured it is just easier to cut them out.
I get super gassy after eating Chinese food...no idea why. I usually only eat a few things there if I go there. I liked the shrimp & garlic sauce dish. I even take beano (for the broccoli) but I still get gas.
A sandwich at lunch...I take like 8 beano and I still have gas. All my sandwich is is bread, spinach or lettuce, some sliced red peppers & turkey lunch meat. 8 beano and still gas...
I started taking probiotics and they don't seem to work. I take one each day...
My theories are...
Hypothyroid causes constipation...so maybe if I am still hypothyroid and my meds need to be changed maybe the constipation and hypothyroid is slowing my system and causing excess gas?
Gallbladder
Something I noticed is that if I eat something acidy, it doesn't hurt my stomach. I was thinking I was lactose intolerant, but after eating yogurt my stomach feels good! Also, I was drinking peppermint tea (mint is good for gas) but maybe it felt good because tea is acidic. Plus, I started eating pickles at lunch and I noticed that if I eat some pickles before my lunch (with my beano) I have less gas than if I just took beano...
I think maybe I don't have enough stomach acid or something isn't working right with my gallbladder?
IBS or Celiac?
I don't know much about these but I know celiac is an autoimmune thing...
OR I am allergic to SOY??
All the things that really affect me probably had soy in them if I think about it...Lean Cuisines probably have alot of soy in them? Chinese food has lots of soy sauce on that shrimp & garlic sauce...there is probably soy in the bread that I use in my sandwich

This is all I can think of. I don't know if there is any other possibilities of what it might be. I don't know how to address this to my doctor and what questions she might ask me...
I am in my early 20s...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread