It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
(male)

scatsthename HB User
Persistent Abdominal ache, etc

Hello there!
I have been experiencing a dull ache in my abdomen (mostly lower right side but it seems to move from time to time) that sort of comes and goes for almost four weeks now. Initially I thought it was appendicitis, but i never really experienced any of the other symptoms (fever, rebound tenderness, etc) just discomfort, a little nausea, and some erratic bowel movements.
I have mostly been experiencing more frequent bowel movements that seem looser, a little diarrhea, and plenty of gas. It got a little better for a few days last week, so I assumed everything was on the mend but over the last few days my stools have changed.... Sometimes they are fairly normal in color, but smell very foul and cling to the bowl. More recently they have turned pale and sort of pasty...
I haven't been taking any laxitives or antacids or anything like that, but about two weeks ago i started taking a digestive enzyme and probiotics.
I suppose my stools have been a little inconsistent for a while now but i never really thought much about it until the ache started...
I was wondering if i should seriously consider a doctors visit to get this straightened out or just take the wait and see approach. I am a college student and money is sort of an issue so I don't want to just run off to the doctor and spend a bunch of money just to find out it was nothing.

Closed Thread