It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

slowmoon HB User
Frequent gas pains

A couple of months ago I started having frequent gas pains.

For just over a week, I got them once a day (sometimes more).

I was completely fine and then the next minute I got gas pains that got worse over the next few minutes. I then had a (gassy painful) bowel movement and it seemed to be better. Sometimes it took 2 or 3 to get the pain away. The bowels themselves weren't diarrhea, but they were very soft. This happened every day for more than a week, sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes I felt a little bloated afterwards as well and I could hear my stomach gurgling.

After that week, I was fine for a few more weeks with the random 'gas attack' (even though more frequent that normal), but starting last week it happened again, where I've been getting this every day, the same routine.

The time of day isn't consistent either, sometimes it's in the afternoon, sometimes in the evening, sometimes in the morning, it's never the same.

As well, sometimes when it feels like I have to burp, but when I try I can't burp and it feels like there's food in my throat that's coming back up.

I tried experimenting with milk, but it wasn't consistent so I don't think it's lactose intolerance.

I am a 19 year old female, I am not sexually active and I am not on any medication. I did not make any lifestyle or diet changes either.

Anyone know what this could be?

Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Frequent gas pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmoon View Post
A couple of months ago I started having frequent gas pains.

For just over a week, I got them once a day (sometimes more).

I was completely fine and then the next minute I got gas pains that got worse over the next few minutes. I then had a (gassy painful) bowel movement and it seemed to be better. Sometimes it took 2 or 3 to get the pain away. The bowels themselves weren't diarrhea, but they were very soft. This happened every day for more than a week, sometimes more than once a day. Sometimes I felt a little bloated afterwards as well and I could hear my stomach gurgling.

After that week, I was fine for a few more weeks with the random 'gas attack' (even though more frequent that normal), but starting last week it happened again, where I've been getting this every day, the same routine.

The time of day isn't consistent either, sometimes it's in the afternoon, sometimes in the evening, sometimes in the morning, it's never the same.

As well, sometimes when it feels like I have to burp, but when I try I can't burp and it feels like there's food in my throat that's coming back up.

I tried experimenting with milk, but it wasn't consistent so I don't think it's lactose intolerance.

I am a 19 year old female, I am not sexually active and I am not on any medication. I did not make any lifestyle or diet changes either.

Anyone know what this could be?
It could be acid reflux and as simple as eating lots of gassy type foods. Sometimes if I eat too fast and take in too much air it can cause a lot of gas. Try keeping a food diary to see if there is any correlation of what you're eating that is causing the gas and acid reflux.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
gas pains