It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

hlpash HB User
Unhappy Severe lower stomach pain, constipation...

I am having a lot of stomach related problems. I have been to my physician several times as well as a GI doctor. My symptoms include: random severe lower abdominal pain, constipation, fatigue, headaches, joint and muscle pain, nausea, weight gain, low blood pressure, and raynaud's disease. So far I have head several rounds of bloodwork testing me for chrons, celiacs, lymphoma, mylenoma, liver panels, anemia, autoimmune disorders, blood cell counts, etc and almost everything has come back normal. However, the first time they checked my AST and ALT levels they were 51 and 52, but they checked them again a week later and the only change in my habits was that I fasted for this blood work and my levels were 18 and 24. We cannot figure out why they were elevated and why the levels are changing. I had a sonogram and my spleen, gallbladder, liver, appendix, and lungs appeared normal. I then had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and both of those checked out normal. They did find that I have reflux and a 4 cm hiatal hernia, but they doubt that is related to my issues. Do you have any insight on what this could be?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Severe lower stomach pain, constipation...

Are you currently taking any medications? It is very scary when your liver enzymes go up and down like that, (been there, done that) but my GI convinced me that it happens sometimes with no explanation and is usually discovered on accident. I hope you get some answers and feel better soon.

Last edited by rufous57; 07-29-2012 at 10:06 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
hlpash (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
(female)

hlpash HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
Are you currently taking any medications? It is very scary when your liver enzymes go up and down like that, (been there, done that) but my GI convinced me that it happens sometimes with no explanation and is usually discovered on accident. I hope you get some answers and feel better soon.
The only medicine that I take is a birth control daily pill for iron and to help with symptoms from a tilted uterus. I don't even take anything with acetaminophen in, and I know that that can cause your liver enzymes to spike. The liver enzymes aren't my biggest worry, only because those are such mild elevations; if they were elevated in the hundreds and thousands I would be concerned. My main problem is my digestive problems and stomach pains. But this is kind of just a guessing game with my doctor right now since we keep hitting dead ends. I am now going for a MRCP to check out my liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts; however, gallbladder issues tend to be painful in the upper stomach area, near the ribs and all of my pain is lower, so I'm not sure how effective these tests will be either.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

You are so much more level headed than I would be! When my doctor called to tell me my liver enzymes were elevated I freaked out! My ALT and AST stayed elevated mildly(105, 89) for a month and i had to keep getting my blood tested. Anyway, by coincidence, this happened 3 months after I had my gallbladder removed!

I wonder if you have had the HIDA scan to check for gallbladder function? My pain was primarily in my back, right between the shoulder blades and chest. Very late stage(2 years) it started hurting underneath my right rib. And mine was a non-functioning gallbladder, EFT was 10%.

Is it possible you are getting constipated from taking the iron? Where do you feel the abdominal pain, i.e. right, left side? I hope you get some answers, let us know how the MRCP goes.

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal pain, constipation., fatigue, joint and muscle pain, weight gain