It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

katy41500 HB User
Help please

I am posting here because I don't know what else to do. My husband has been having severe stomach troubles for the past 8 months, and our lives are ruled by this. In December 2011, he had severe stomach pain (stabbing pain, on the left side under his rib). He went to the ER, and they said his white cells were elevated, so they removed his appendix. In January, the pain came back, coupled with severe diarrhea. The pain has been a constant in our lives, going away for a week or two, then returning, along with the diarrhea with blood, since January. To date, he has had 2 colonoscopies, an endoscopy, a capsule endoscopy, a HIDA scan, ultrasounds, CT scans, visits with three different GI doctors, and three hospital stays. Every doctor we see says that it is nothing- not Celiac, not Crohn's, not ulcerative colitis. My husband has lost 45 pounds, and our lives are ruled by this- he is miserable, and it is ruining any chance at a normal life. Any advice on where to turn would be appreciated- we are desperate! Thank you for reading this

Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Help please

The blood must be coming from somewhere inside his digestive tract. The left side near the bottom of the rib cage is where his actual stomach is located.

Can he get in to see a gastroenterologist at a teaching hospital? That might be a good bet. There's got to be an explanation somewhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User

Wow, so sorry this and how frustrating it must be not to get a proper diagnosis.

I see you live in Pittsburgh (I do, too). Have you seen the docs at The Digestive Disease Center at Presby..specifically Dr. Schoen? They're the best....

Good luck,
Linda

Old 07-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
(female)

katy41500 HB User

We are waiting on an appt. at the Digestive Disorders at Presby... in the meantime, we've been back to the ER, and my husband hasn't had much relief. Hopefully they will give us some insight! Thanks for responding. :-)

Closed Thread