It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
(male)

ferr HB User
Upper abdominal discomfort, soft stool and sensitive rib.

I've been experiencing these symptoms for the last two days and they get significantly worse when I stand up and walk. I have a constant feeling that my stomach is swollen, bloated and sometimes I also feel like I'll throw up. The rib thing is also pretty weird to me, it's a tiny sensitive spot on my lower right rib, hurts a little when I touch and sometimes when I bend forward.

Anyone has ANY idea of what it might be? I have anxiety issues and this whole thing is worrying me a lot as I keep thinking it's something serious.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

patty779 HB User
Re: Upper abdominal discomfort, soft stool and sensitive rib.

You should make an appointment to see your regular doctor, and they can order tests to rule out problems. It sounds a little bit like gallbladder issues to me, as the gallbladder is near the bottom of the right rib.

I also have anxiety issues, and I don't think you're imagining things. The anxiety is what makes you exponentially more worried and afraid of what could be going on. The pain and discomfort is real. So definitely talk to a doctor as soon as you can, but in the meantime, don't do too much internet research. Just try to make yourself comfortable.

If it is related to your gallbladder, people seem to do better avoiding alcohol and fatty foods. Animal fats and especially fried foods are common triggers. Some people can't do with lettuce or veggies that make one gassy, and others have to avoid caffeine. But start by trying to avoid fatty foods and see if that helps while you wait to see the doc.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-18-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread