It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

Worried0990 HB User
New to posting - very worried (gastritis)

So here are my list of symptoms: it all began a month ago with 4 days of constant reflux. Started on protonix and a week later developed burning stomach pain 24/7- worse on empty stomach. Extreme feeling of fullness after eating small amounts. Also constant bad taste in mouth. I have been eating very bland and cut out all alcohol and caffeine. I'm now on 15 mg of Prevacid 2x a day to see if we can cut some of the acid down. Gi thinks possible ulcer but wants to scope. Feeling extremely anxious- worried I have stomach cancer any advice appreciated(

Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
(male)

jhall387 HB User
Re: New to posting- very worried ( gastritis)

Well, for one don't be worried about getting scoped ! It's very easy.

Also I wouldn't worry of having stomache cancer if you just started feeling the symptoms.

I've never had real heartburn issues, but I did get them when I went off nexium, ppis are good to avoid if possible. Some people get rebound effects having weeks of taking them or get worse on them.

It's possible you could have an ulcer or a hernia but you'll know after the scope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
(female)

Worried0990 HB User
Re: New to posting- very worried ( gastritis)

Thank you for the reassurance about the scope. I'm now on day 4 of 2x Prevacid and I think it's getting better? I have a lot of belching and stomach noises I wasn't having before but less fullness after meals. Doc says we need to cut the acid production to get rid of the inflammation and then wean off ppi after 4-8 weeks. If I'm not feeling relief she will scope me after 2 weeks. I chose to hold off on that because I have another unrelated medical procedure being done in a week. Also forgot to mention I tested negative for h pylori but have a history of back issues and migraines that did cause a moderate use of NSAIDs. I was taking them around 1-4 times weekly. Doc said this and stress could have caused inflammation or ulcer.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
(female)

keeno HB User
Re: New to posting - very worried (gastritis)

No don't worry yourself about the scope at all. I had it done in May and was so worried about it but I took all of the available drugs that I was offered and I had no idea what was happening. It was the easiest procedure that I've had done.

I was diagnosed with gastritis after the scope and I had a h pylori infection which I have managed to successfully eradicate.

I was experiencing chronic belching after meals, acid reflux, stomach pains in my right side and palpitations but thankfully now it has more of less all gone (except for the palpitations).

Closed Thread