It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
(female)

kalti HB User
acid reflux, gastritus oesophageal spasms? need advice? please

I was recently rushed to hospital with severe chest pain which was also accompanied by left arm pain, jaw & back of my tongue pain. Ecg on arrival showed my heart was fine, bloods showed fine, no heart problems. it was mentioned a possible indigestion as this can also cause same symptons as i had but it was about 10 hrs after i had eaten so this was ruled out. Went to my GP & she has said i have GASTRITIS OESOPHOGEAL SPASMS &has given me a course of OMEPRAZOLE 20MG to take for a month, she also requested blood test. on reading other peoples symptoms of G O S im not sure this is what i actually have, i dont have pain just when i eat, i can wake up with the pain after sleeping, i dont have dizzy spells (or havent yet) im worried it may be something different & am a little concerned that we are now going to 'leave it for a month' whilst i try these tablets.
Has anyone else had these same symptoms as me & can anyone put my mind at rest about what else these symptons could be for?
Thank you to anyone who takes time to read this.xx

Old 08-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: acid reflux,gastritus oesophageal spasms? need advice? please

Good, I'm glad to hear your heart tests came out clean. That means that it very likely IS a digestive problem. In fact, pain at night is very common in people with acid reflux. Lying down lets the acid flow back up into the oesophagus.

The medicine may help, although it usually takes a few days to start working. Keep in mind, when you get to the end of the dose, you may have to taper off rather than quitting suddenly.

Also, try other things to reduce acid reflux. Coffee, mint, alcohol and smoking can all trigger reflux, so try to avoid them. Greasy fatty foods are also bad. Try small meals, and go bland, without too much spices.

Stay on top of it, but don't stress too much. See what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
(male)

johanshaw HB User
Re: acid reflux, gastritus oesophageal spasms? need advice? please

Dear its good news that you have not any heart problem.So regarding your problem its simple and no need to worry. I can explain in simple way that every stomach can increase uo to 6 liter almost its flexible . So when you take heavy meal an take water or flued after meal specially in in dinner this cause making of gas in your stomach that ultimately cause ti increase your stomach some time when stomach increase too much it move towards heart and your defensive system of body start alarm that this is problem of heart. So your doctor i think give you right medicine OMEPRAZOLE 20 mg as it is PPI and it reduce the section of acid in stomach ultimately gas will produce less and you will be fine in few days.Some important you must have to take measure which are as follow
Take meal or dinner 2 hours before sleep.
walk min 30 to 40 feet before sleep
don't drink water after your meal try it to take before meal or at mide .
Usenormal or warm water to drink .
Don't use drinks which cause acidity like alcohal, pepsi coke etc
I am hope ful that this will satisfy you .Bestt wishes for your helthey life

Closed Thread