It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ohhikelsey HB User
Worried. Please help me figure out what this is!

I hope I've put this in the right place, I'm new to posting. Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to start. I suppose I should give some background on myself:
I'm 15 years old, I'm 5'0"-5'1", I'm 117 pounds, I take Adderall XR 25 MG capsules every day for ADHD (for about a year now), and I take Minocycline 100 MG capsules (I had severe acne a few years ago, now I take it to keep it away) every night before bed. I'm lactose intolerant. There's no chance I'm pregnant, I don't drink, I admit to smoking once in a while (which I don't need a lecture on, I know it's bad for my health, and I've long since stopped.)

About two weeks ago I was 126 pounds, which 2 pounds give or take were water weight from my period. A few days later I was my normal 124 pounds. Then I decided that I wanted to start to shed some pounds. So I started exercising, so I'd go on 3 mile bike rides every other day. I started this regiment last week and a few days into this week, and I got down to a healthy 120 pounds. Then my mom kept forgetting to pick up my Adderall from the pharmacy. I went 2-3 days without it. Usually if I stop taking it for a few days, and then I start taking it again, I have at least two days where I just feel awful and have terrible stomachaches and headaches. This time I didn't have too severe of side effects from it, until I tried eating. My Adderall has never given me severe side effects like this, could it be something else?

I've always had a quick metabolism and I'd digest food quickly, but this time I'd be running to the bathroom in mid-meal. I've been experiencing diarrhea after every major meal I eat. Even when I'd start to snack on chips I could have a handful, and then my stomach would start rumbling and it would just go right through me. I'd be left feeling like I didn't eat at all. I tried eating fruits or vegetables, same thing. But I would just get so hungry, and when I thought I could handle food I tried to eat a small microwaveable meal, and as soon as I could smell it, I felt bloated and sick. I tried to just eat some anyways, since I started to go days without anything going into my stomach except water. I couldn't finish it. It was like I had a huge meal, but I didn't have anything at all that day. So for the past few nights this week I've been living off of those little packs of fruit snacks, preferably the Spiderman kind. Even eating those make me nauseous and give me terrible stomachaches, but at least I'm not running to the bathroom when I have 5 little fruit snacks.

Yesterday I went on a bike ride with my best friend. It wasn't even a mile and we stopped at a park to sit down. It was a cool evening, but just sitting there I started to sweat. My shirt and my hair were completely soaked. My stomach had that feeling I get right before I throw up, and I started to dry heave a little bit, but nothing came up. I felt shaky and almost like I was going to faint. I got home okay, and I drank some water and went to bed.

Earlier, I was taking a warm shower. Suddenly I started to feel dizzy again, and I put my hand on the wall to support myself until it would pass. But it didn't, and I felt that same feeling when I was on my bike ride with my friend. Except this time my vision started to get a little blurry. I thought the water was too hot, so I turned down the temperature so it was cold. But I still felt hot. I had to sit down in the fetal position, with my eyes closed, until it would pass. Finally when I felt like it had passed, I stood up and started to shake. I could hardly get dressed or go up the stairs. When I did get upstairs, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Almost like a panic attack. And then I had to use the bathroom again, even though I didn't have anything to eat.

This has been going on past a week now.. It's been starting to effect me negatively. I've been feeling depressed and sad, I mean come on! I can't eat, of course it upsets me. I can't go out to eat with friends, or have dinner with my family without me gagging or having to spend the evening in the bathroom. I've been feeling weak from the rapid weight loss, exhausted (physically and mentally), I can sleep for 11 hours and still feel tired, dark circles under my eyes have formed, dizziness, nausea, irritability, achy all over. I don't want to go out or see anyone without having to leave early because of this. I just don't feel like myself.

I'm not sure how many times a day it's normal to go to the bathroom and digest all of that food your body's processed, but I don't think it's normal to be going after every little thing I eat. It's even started to effect what I drink too. I had a few sips of Coca-Cola, had diarrhea. Same thing with Gatorade. Now I've just stuck to water. School is supposed to be starting in a few weeks, but I can hardly get out of bed. Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions or insight as to what this could be? Could it be a bug that will eventually just leave? I don't know when I can get in to see the doctor next. Any opinions would be appreciated. I just want to be able to eat, sleep, and be myself again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread