It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
(male)

Oehoe HB User
Question Gastritis is really random

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but I was hoping you could help me.
I have been having some issues for over a year and finally decided to get checked out. My doctor told me I have gastritis and gave me some medication for that. (omeprazol, to neutralize acid)
I feel a lot better when using it, but I can't really drink alcohol because that's probably the cause of this problem. (I'm a Dutch student and basicly drink beer all day)
Funny thing is: June last year I was on a holliday and didn't get enough sleep and drank too much caffeine causing me to feel really sick the next few weeks, but after that I have had months of unhealthy lifestyle (getting drunk on regular basis) without having any symptoms or feeling sick. A few weeks ago, I kinda had the same thing right before I went to Paris on a holiday. (Had only 4 hours of sleep but did nothing weird)

tl;dr: Had gastritis for a year, but only noticed it in holidays

I was wondering: Is this thing permanent?
Can I go back to my old lifestyle?
Can I permanently damage my Stomach by drinking alcohol the next few weeks?
Why is this triggered so randomly? I haven't had a lot of sleep before I went to Paris, but that's not uncommon for me.

Thank you if you can help me wrap my head around this

D.

Closed Thread