It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

Panchodd HB User
Question heller myotomy, surgery last August

I had my surgery last August, after 5 years of being told I have an eating disorder or that I was imagining it! Eventually I could hardly get water down.
I went in on the 3rd and afterwards I was quite sore but bearable with the morphine. Next day I had a barium swallow and they said all was fine so I could drink and have soft foods, they also took me off the morphine. Over the next day I needed help to walk the short distance to the bathroom and was begging for stronger painkillers, they said It was the trapped wind from the op and painkillers wont help.I was told to go home on the 5th, I refused and went the next morning.
That night at home I woke up in with the most excruciating pain and had to call an ambulance, I had an x-ray and it turned out that my barium swallow had been read wrong and everything I had eaten over the last few days was leaking out into my body! It was explained that they may not be able to fix it laparoscopically and they would probably open my stomach right across. I was lucky and they didn't need to!
Over the next 3 weeks I was constantly on morphine, nil by mouth and was being fed through the artery in my neck, a drain in each side which made it impossible to sleep. Six months on I get terrible stitch like pains in various places in my stomach when I walk or lift things so I cant work, or do shopping or housework without help.
BUT I can most definitely eat!!! Small portions of course but I have no problem with any food or drink (even fizzy!)

Has anyone else had such a bad experience with this?
(sorry for writing so much its's just I think more details better describe an experience)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread