It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
(male)

Noooorris HB User
Unhappy Rotten egg burps, gassy...

So this really sucks...
Had these burps, followed by throwing up for a couple of hours back when i was about 11 (19 now) I think i must have had them about 3 times at that age. Now for the past 8 years i thought i had beaten the beast, until about 3 weeks ago, when i had my first egg burp in about 8 years.

The taste of the burp alone is enough to make me throw up. Really really sucks. i unfortunately have a bit of a phobia when it comes to throwing up too, so this really is intolerable.

My stomach feels as though it is completely full of gas, which is reeeeeeally uncomfortable. Farts also stink of egg too which is really really unpleasant/

Mums booked me an appointment with the doctor in 2 days, so if anything comes out of that i'll be sure to report back here. Looking at everyone elses posts, i get the feeling nothing will come out of the appointment, but worth a shot anyhow. Nothing in the world i want more than a cure for this right now :'(

Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
(female)

colepole HB User
Re: Rotten egg burps, gassy...

I am 27 and have suffered from this off and on (bloating, sulfur burps, etc) since I was 18. A naturopath doctor in Tucson told me to avoid eating a naturally occurring chemical in foods called Malvin. This is a natural red pigment and is in almost all reddish-colored foods plus some others--- so i avoid tomatoes, berries, beets, chicken, chili powder, eggplant, etc. Malvin is a type of phenolic compound and for whatever reason, it appears my body can not process phenolic compounds well, especially Malvin and Tannins. They are normally harmless for people---but not for me. My own research indicated that this has to do with a low ability to process sulfur, or phenol-sulfur transferase deficiency. In the body, sulfur you eat usually gets turned into sulfates. Sulfates do lots of important jobs like detox phenols through the liver, regulate neurotransmitters, help re-grow cartilage. Phenol-sulfur transferase deficiency can cause autistic spectrum disorders as well.

When I start to have an episode with sulfur burps or gas---I eat only brown rice for a day or two to detox from the phenols, then avoid Malvin as best I can until I am symptom free. This means avoiding LOTS of foods but it seems to work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread