It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
(male)

trikx HB User
Need Help Urgently

Hi all,
I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with this stuff; I know it's not as bad as a lot of other people have it but it's getting old.

7 days ago I suddenly began having diarrhea...it was VERY watery and clear/brown. The stool looked all broken up into the size of rice. Over the next 6 days, the diarrhea was constant; I'd say probably use the bathroom once or twice every couple hours. I took 4 Imodiums over the course of a 10hr shift and it gave me a normal stool, and also some horrible cramps.

I had terrible abdominal cramping up until day 5. Starting on day 5, I began having nocturnal diarrhea...the kind that hits you like food poisoning and causes you to defecate yourself while you're sleeping. That has been that way on Day 5 and Day 6; I have anxiety about sleeping because I know it's going to happen and have slept maybe 5 hours in two days. Every time I fall asleep I end up defecating myself.

Seeing as it had been so long, I went to an urgent care center. The doctor prescribed Cipro and Lomotil with the orders to come back if it didn't get better in 48hrs. Ever since I began taking Cipro last night, I haven't been able to keep food down, with the exception of some chicken noodle soup. I didn't have ANY vomiting up until last night, and at that time it was violent and explosive vomiting.

As of writing this, I have a slight stomach ache but have not vomited in seven hours or so. However now my stool is still watery but has turned green. The doctor was concerned it could either be salmonella (I had a small bite of cookie dough from PaPa Johns 7 days ago...however my girlfriend ate half the container and is fine), or that I contracted something from an inmate (I work in a jail).

I took Lomotil just now hoping that it will "stuff me up" enough to get a few hours of sleep without crapping myself, but I doubt it and plan on sleeping in a trash-bag diaper and my bath tub because I have zero faith the nocturnal diarrhea wont strike again.

Anyone know what this vile stuff could be? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...I literally have broken down a few times because I'm so stressed and frustrated over this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

beastmom HB User
Re: Need Help Urgently

So sorry.. I would urge you to go the emergency room asap from your symptoms. If no insurance they have a program called charity care specifically for cases where there is none. Please go.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
(male)

trikx HB User

Is there a reason why? I'm hydrated and everything...I'm just wondering what's going on...it's getting depressing haha

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
(female)

beastmom HB User

I suggest that because I waited to long with my symptoms and am really paying the price now because I also tried to treat myself thinking everything was just stress related. I ended up with what could have been life threatening circumstances if I hadn't gone when I did.

Closed Thread