HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   Back pain, stomach pain, burping (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/917363-back-pain-stomach-pain-burping.html)

Nassau one 09-07-2012 04:28 AM

Back pain, stomach pain, burping

I am presently on holiday in the UK so hesitant to go to the doctor. For the past week I have been getting back aches, slightly below the shoulder area. These aches gradually increase during the day and become more twinges that catch me. As the day progresses too, I start getting some stomach pain, particularly on the right side, just under the ribs, with some burping. I also feel bloated at the end of the day. Once I go to bed, I sleep well and neither the back or stomach really bother me during the night, though I still get some minor back ache if I wake up or move too much. Any ideas please as to how I can deal with this for the next few days until I return home and see a doctor?

Molly1949 09-11-2012 11:14 AM

Re: Back pain, stomach pain, burping

TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE FIBRE:
I have really foul smelling stomach gas (farts). I've had these problems with my stomach for as long as I can remember. I think that it may be due to my fibre intake; am I eating too much fibre or too little fibre?

Molly1949 09-11-2012 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nassau one;5051757]I am presently on holiday in the UK so hesitant to go to the doctor. For the past week I have been getting back aches, slightly below the shoulder area. These aches gradually increase during the day and become more twinges that catch me. As the day progresses too, I start getting some stomach pain, particularly on the right side, just under the ribs, with some burping. I also feel bloated at the end of the day. Once I go to bed, I sleep well and neither the back or stomach really bother me during the night, though I still get some minor back ache if I wake up or move too much. Any ideas please as to how I can deal with this for the next few days until I return home and see a doctor?[/QUOTE]

Molly1949 09-11-2012 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=Molly1949;5054041]TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE FIBRE:
I have really foul smelling stomach gas (farts). I've had these problems with my stomach for as long as I can remember. I think that it may be due to my fibre intake; am I eating too much fibre or too little fibre?[/QUOTE]

Molly1949 09-11-2012 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nassau one;5051757]I am presently on holiday in the UK so hesitant to go to the doctor. For the past week I have been getting back aches, slightly below the shoulder area. These aches gradually increase during the day and become more twinges that catch me. As the day progresses too, I start getting some stomach pain, particularly on the right side, just under the ribs, with some burping. I also feel bloated at the end of the day. Once I go to bed, I sleep well and neither the back or stomach really bother me during the night, though I still get some minor back ache if I wake up or move too much. Any ideas please as to how I can deal with this for the next few days until I return home and see a doctor?[/QUOTE]

Megggggg 10-19-2012 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=Molly1949;5054056][/QUOTE]

Hello!
Did you ever discover what is causing this issue? I have a very similar problem. Im on day two, and it's rather painful. I'm just trying to find some tips to help or some conclusions as to what is causing it.

Nassau one 10-19-2012 07:22 AM

Not really but it is so much better now. A scan showed nothing and several other tests showed nothing either. I think that it was bending over my little grandson and playing on the floor with him that caused the back pain. Why it affected my stomach I have no idea!

lsk71 10-19-2012 09:52 PM

Do you still have your gallbladder? Your symptoms sound like GB issues (back pain, upper right abdomen & burping). Hope it's not & that it's gone for good for you! :)