It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Back pain, stomach pain, burping

I am presently on holiday in the UK so hesitant to go to the doctor. For the past week I have been getting back aches, slightly below the shoulder area. These aches gradually increase during the day and become more twinges that catch me. As the day progresses too, I start getting some stomach pain, particularly on the right side, just under the ribs, with some burping. I also feel bloated at the end of the day. Once I go to bed, I sleep well and neither the back or stomach really bother me during the night, though I still get some minor back ache if I wake up or move too much. Any ideas please as to how I can deal with this for the next few days until I return home and see a doctor?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

Molly1949 HB User
Smile Re: Back pain, stomach pain, burping

TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE FIBRE:
I have really foul smelling stomach gas (farts). I've had these problems with my stomach for as long as I can remember. I think that it may be due to my fibre intake; am I eating too much fibre or too little fibre?

Last edited by Molly1949; 09-11-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
(female)

Molly1949 HB User
Re: Back pain, stomach pain, burping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau one View Post
I am presently on holiday in the UK so hesitant to go to the doctor. For the past week I have been getting back aches, slightly below the shoulder area. These aches gradually increase during the day and become more twinges that catch me. As the day progresses too, I start getting some stomach pain, particularly on the right side, just under the ribs, with some burping. I also feel bloated at the end of the day. Once I go to bed, I sleep well and neither the back or stomach really bother me during the night, though I still get some minor back ache if I wake up or move too much. Any ideas please as to how I can deal with this for the next few days until I return home and see a doctor?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
(female)

Molly1949 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly1949 View Post
TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE FIBRE:
I have really foul smelling stomach gas (farts). I've had these problems with my stomach for as long as I can remember. I think that it may be due to my fibre intake; am I eating too much fibre or too little fibre?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
(female)

Molly1949 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau one View Post

Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
(female)

Megggggg HB User

Hello!
Did you ever discover what is causing this issue? I have a very similar problem. Im on day two, and it's rather painful. I'm just trying to find some tips to help or some conclusions as to what is causing it.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

Not really but it is so much better now. A scan showed nothing and several other tests showed nothing either. I think that it was bending over my little grandson and playing on the floor with him that caused the back pain. Why it affected my stomach I have no idea!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
(female)

lsk71 HB User

Do you still have your gallbladder? Your symptoms sound like GB issues (back pain, upper right abdomen & burping). Hope it's not & that it's gone for good for you!

Closed Thread