It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
(female)

hopeless2 HB User
Talking Stomach Ulcer

I am new to this website but my husband and I are about ready to just scream because we are starting to wonder if anyone will help us. The one thing I haven't heard anyone else mention is stomach ulcer. Did any of you have a stomach ulcer also or know of anyone who has. He has been having these attacks since 2010. They removed his gallbladder at that time due to decreased function associated with RUQ pain. He felt better for a day or two and then the pain returned with a vengence. The doctors passed it off as his duodenal ulcer being inflammed which they have done for the following 2 years. We have done the ulcer treatments and the ulcer is still present but the pain he is having is different and has gotten progressively worse since his surgery. I have read all the blogs and the symptoms are spot on with his. Usually when they give him narcotic pain meds to relieve the pain, especially IV, they make it worse for the first hour. He says it feels like someone is inside him ripping his guts out. I have heard him describe that feeling like he is in a vice. Like a horrible cramp that just gets tighter and tighter until it decides to let go. He has a horrible pain in his back on the right side up under his shoulders that radiates up between his shoulder blades and is very tender to touch although messaging it does seem to help some. We have had CT scans, EGD's, colonoscopy, back x-rays, and still nothing. We have even been accused of seeking pain medication. When they did his HIDA scan for the gallbladder and injected the CCK hormone in his bloodstream, it through him into a full blown attack pain 10+ He has had his AST, ALT drawn but they never tell us that they are abnormal. They just get him out of pain and send us back home only to return to that pain as soon as the medicine wears off. Dilaudid seems to be the most effective. I have heard there is a noninvasive test they can do where you swallow the camera and they inject that hormone and some dye and watch the sphincter to see if it abnormally spasms. Has anyone else heard of this or can you offer some help please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
(female)

joykay13 HB User
Re: Stomach Ulcer

What kind of medications is he taking? I had an old ulcer that was being controlled with meds, when I started having problems GERD. My doctor put me on Prilosec. The gerd was better, but it tore my ulcer up! I had to go off the Prilosec to stop the horrible stomach pains. The day I quit the med. my pain stopped completely. Beware of Prilosec or any med. for GERD.

Closed Thread