It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
(male)

dask HB User
H.Pylori infection

Hi,

Background:

I was diagnosed with H.Pylori infection in june. I never had any digestive problem or acidity in my life took NAPROXEN. I was first given omeprazole when i complained about this to GP and after a few days it got better then the burning and pain came again I insited on H.PYlori blood test. The GP said did that and it came back all ok. She gave me omeprazole again I was okay for some a month or so again but finally when the pain came back I asked her did the blood test reveal H.PYlori and I came to know she only did a complete fast blood test only for blood cells count etc etc. and it was all okay. I was furious at her it was already now 3 months since the first complain. I started taking antibiotics and my H.pylor blood test also came positive. I had an ultrasound as well and CBC test again both were okay.

Post Treatment:

I was on H.Pylori treatment for 14 days and started to get batter gradually and sharp pains started to go the pain was mainly in left just under rib cage but was at times travelling right and lower parts as well. about 12 days into the course and the pain became quite dull the wind/burp weren't smelling horrible anymore but sometimes the burp and stool smelled chemical also gave me bad taste to the mouth and some days constipation. This was I beleive mainly due to the antibiotics amox and clarithromycine with PPI omeprazole. Now its been almost 4 days since the course was finished, I still have dullish pain. I feel if I run to fast or sit bent down sometimes I can feel slight dull pain mainly towards bottum of rib left of abdomen. I have quite a few burps/wind but don't smell at all. Also if I push the abdomen sometimes towards left I burp. All in all if i compare the pain on a scale of 0-10 (0 meaning no pain) from when i started taking antibiotics to now. I would say before the start it was 7 and now its about 2. Its more like discomfort and dull. I also have noticed when i turn sides while laying on the bed it may pain at time if I sleep truning left or stretching up my self too much.

Question:

Can anyone tell me if its normal to feel this dullish pain with strech and quick movment and having gas and burps with no smell after H.Pylori eradication treatment?

Also how long does it take to get back to normal?

Just to say I am 30 male and have had no underlaying health conditions or anyother issues just this Naproxen and since then this ordeal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: H.Pylori infection

My late husband had H.Plori and had to do two treatments to get better then had another attack 5 months later and had to do two treatments again. Never knew the cause.

The following user gives a hug of support to dee088:
dask (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

newbe HB User

Hi Dask
I have had HP and to be honest it was a good 6 months after treatment that I started to feel better. The doctors kept telling me you should be symptom free after eradication but that was not the case and from the research i carried out there are a lot of people with lingering symptoms. My main sympton was nausea, I started to take a good probiotic as you need to repair the damage the HP has done, I ate a lot of yogurts, porridge etc. I also drank alovera juice and coconut water. Generally people with HP will be left with acid reflux, gerd. Just take care of your self, by kind to your tummy, help it heal and hopefully you can minimise any symptoms you are having. Take care

The following user gives a hug of support to newbe:
dask (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
(male)

dask HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe View Post
Hi Dask
I have had HP and to be honest it was a good 6 months after treatment that I started to feel better. The doctors kept telling me you should be symptom free after eradication but that was not the case and from the research i carried out there are a lot of people with lingering symptoms. My main sympton was nausea, I started to take a good probiotic as you need to repair the damage the HP has done, I ate a lot of yogurts, porridge etc. I also drank alovera juice and coconut water. Generally people with HP will be left with acid reflux, gerd. Just take care of your self, by kind to your tummy, help it heal and hopefully you can minimise any symptoms you are having. Take care
Thanks for your reply gives me hope. My brother and his wife both are doctors but some time it helps talking to someone who has been through the same as only they can understand truly what you are going through..... Did you have a lot of burping/gas after eradication as well ?..... cause I have that but no smell at all in either.... kind of good thing at least considering socially.... You are right about the yoghurt and all... it definitely helps... I will try to pick up on your advice and see how it goes....and I am being extremely kind to the tummy. I used to eat a lot of junk and all and never really put on weight aroud 3 kg. Never in my life had any problems with digesting even heart burn.... but now its sh*** I have cut down on everything only healthy food now... praying that I get better. I do realise now how precious health is !

Do tell me whether you also had dull pain and burping/gas after eradication and did you also loose weight?

Thanks & Regards
dask

Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
(male)

dask HB User

Sorry to hear of your husband.... I know HP can be very painful but hope he didn't die of this.

The Following User Says Thank You to dask For This Useful Post:
dee088 (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
(female)

newbe HB User

Hi Dask
I did lose weight but only because the nausea made me lose my appetitie, once that subsided I started to gain weight again and get back to full health. I just posted this evening a new thread as im having left chest pain, kinda wondering is this digestive related also. I do burp but not sure if its excessive. I just bouggt coconut oil today, apparently it is good for your stomach etc......once my symptoms play up I tend to revert to the health shops!lol I never had stomach issues until HP and I thought everything had settled down and maybe it has. Are you on a PPI? I am trying to reduce mine as dont want to be on a high dosage long term as Im sure that can have side effects too! ohhh the joys! you are so right about how precious our health is! On the herbal stuff, I also took manuka honey....oh I have tried just about everything I reckon! lol hope this helps

Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
(male)

dask HB User
Wink Re: H.Pylori infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe View Post
Hi Dask
I did lose weight but only because the nausea made me lose my appetitie, once that subsided I started to gain weight again and get back to full health. I just posted this evening a new thread as im having left chest pain, kinda wondering is this digestive related also. I do burp but not sure if its excessive. I just bouggt coconut oil today, apparently it is good for your stomach etc......once my symptoms play up I tend to revert to the health shops!lol I never had stomach issues until HP and I thought everything had settled down and maybe it has. Are you on a PPI? I am trying to reduce mine as dont want to be on a high dosage long term as Im sure that can have side effects too! ohhh the joys! you are so right about how precious our health is! On the herbal stuff, I also took manuka honey....oh I have tried just about everything I reckon! lol hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Awwww sorry to hear you are having issues again....I am on PPI still yes and have to be on it for at least 6-8 weeks 20mg a day twice a day or 1 40mg daily. The gastritis symptoms are much better today may be chatting with you have helped and relived a bit of stress.

I do drink green tea now and must say it helps a lot. The biggest problem is that I am a professional IT engineer and I am on a permanent job and was looking to go forward for contracting but now due to uncertainty I can't and its costing me a fortune on a daily basis :*(. Initially I was worried and stressed about that but now... I think to my self that I was always keen on getting more but never really realised that what I had i.e. health was more precious than anything else !!! so now don't stress out at all. I just wish I could be myself again now.

I have had blood test (cbc), stool test and ultrasound. Other than H,pylori all came out perfect. I will be going for CT-Scan, MRI, Barium x-ray and finally endoscopy once my course is finished. Did you have an endoscopy done as well ? this last one really scares me.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
(female)

newbe HB User

Hi

I did have the endescope, I would recommend you get the sedative for that! they told me it was manageable without and as I wanted a quick recovery (with sedative you stay in hospital for a few hours), I opted to do it without a sedative, big mistake! I have a high pain thresh hold but that was just awful! they told me I had a hiatus hernia and did a biopsy for barrets but it came back clear. I have just started a new job and a bit like you just want to make a big impression and have no time for health issues!

Oh the other thing i meant to say was that during the height of my nausea I cut out caffeine and tried to limit bread - even eating gluten free if possible as I thought these could be my triggers. It is just a mindfield! I have another appointment with doctor next week about my lingering chest pain - he tends to think it is a muscle strain and he may be right but its just been there for too long for my liking! I also had a cat scan and ultrasound and bloods etc and all ok. You will be fine and proably by time these appointments come around you will be feeling much better) take care. x

Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
(male)

dask HB User

Hi,

I still have the pain the threshold has gone down to 1 may be but its like all over now left had side.. under the ribs back and all as well as left abdomen sometimes to the right.

I had an endoscopy donel, he didn't take a biopsy as it was all normal was happy to hear that but just a few minutes later was stressed that this needs to go away... GI diagnosed me as Function dyspepsia or NON-ULCER dyspepsia....and gave me 6 week on omeprozole 20mg I don't know now what to do next sometimes I feel people think I am crazy and making this up... But honestly I am not and its just irritating pain and I am beginning to wonder if I would ever be normal again

Last edited by Administrator; 01-12-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Closed Thread