It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
(male)

martind1981 HB User
Vomiting for 3 weeks

Hi All,

Any advice is welcome.

I'm a healthy 31y.o male, who exercises at least 4 times a week, eats well, very rarely drinks and a non-smoker.

In April this year I started vomiting blood - coffee ground blood - and got admitted to A&E. Whilst there I was given an edoscopy, CT scan and an ultrasound. Thankfully, these came back negative, but the source of the bleed was never discovered. I was constantly being sick after eating or drinking whilst in hospital and this continued for 6 weeks. i was eventually diagnosed with Helicabactor Pylori and given AAA treatment. The vomiting stopped around a week later. For around 3 months, everything was great and i was back at work.

3 weeks ago, I started vomiting again - no blood this time. This has continued everyday since then. I saw my consultant after a week and he was, quite frankly, dismissive. He is surgical so if he cant cut it out then he isnt interested. I asked if the helicobacter could have lay dormant/returned and he thought it could be incidental. I went to my GP the following day and he recommended trying the AAA therapy again, as it helicabactor could be stubborn. After i completed this course, and no obvious results, I went back. I'm now on quadruple antibiotics with no positive outcome. My GP thought there may be a duodenum problem and Im an urgent referal to hospital - just waiting to find out when.

As I said, I'm not expecting a diagnosis, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms etc. This has been going on for around 10weeks of my year and as you can imagine its not fun. I'm losing weight, taking on little fluid and and now very tired and weak.

Thanks for reading this - hope it hasn't bored you.

Last edited by martind1981; 09-19-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: Vomiting for 3 weeks

Frankly, it doesn't make much sense. When you vomit blood that is dark, coffee colored, then it's almost always coming from your stomach. And it's usually from either a stomach ulcer or gastritis, which is inflammation of the lining of the stomach. When the doctor did the upper endoscopy and didn't find any ulcers or gastritis, it sounds puzzling because you were vomiting blood

Not only that, but considering they did not physically see any ulcers and did not test you for H Pylori, it might not have been appropriate for them to put you on 4 different antibiotics. When there is a real infection, maybe, but if there is no evidence of one it is an unnecessary risk in my opinion because you can become resistant to them when you actually need them

Closed Thread