It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
(female)

Helen8r HB User
Re: Severe GI issues And other things, Please help me

Sounds good so far. The inflammation is probably caused from the vomitting (acid from your stomach irritating your mucus membranes in your throat and nose. Let's hope the blood tests etc will be normal. Hope you have been feeling better. Do you have emotional support from your family?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #17
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Most days I'm not vomiting, and I've managed not to in a while, so the pharngitis and Rhinitis that was discovered today maybe be from post nasal drip and GERD. The fact is, I have inflammation from my nose to my small intestine, so I'm hoping we'll find something conclusive on these tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Well blood work for esr, Lyme, CBC, urine, Amy, and thyroid all came back normal.. I'm discouraged as hell at this point. It's a really horrible feeling to go through so much and not have one single answer. I don't know what I am going to do at this point, I have a lot of school work to do and an exam on Monday, then flying out to Texas to see my mom over thanksgiving break. It may just come down to sheer willpower, but after being beaten down and sick for so long I don't know if I can conjure up the strength and mental fortitude, in fact I know I can't because it's been so damaging to everything.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #19
(female)

Apocalypse917 HB User

I absolutely understand your frustration. I too am going through medical issues, that the doctors have seen with their own eyes, but all of my tests are coming back normal and they are clueless as to what is going on. It is very frustrating to begin with to feel miserable, then go through all the tests, wait for results, get normal results and still have to feel terrible while you stress about what is going on with your body. I just wanted to say that I hope they figure out what it is and that you feel better soon. Know that you are not alone in your frustration with not getting any answers. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your mom and try to relax a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalypse917 For This Useful Post:
Matthew90 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
(female)

Helen8r HB User

Are you keeping a journal? Not only for medical reasons but also as a therapy for you. Write down the things that you think and do during the day as well as any remarkable signs and symptoms. Also I think that it is important to think of the good and positive occurrences that happen during the day. It is always helpful for us to count our blessings and be grateful. I know that you are frustrated that all of your tests have come bac neg but that is also a good thing. What symptoms have you been having lately? Are they getting better? I hope you have a good time at your mothers. Take care.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helen8r For This Useful Post:
Matthew90 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
(male)

wbb827 HB User

Hey bud, I just now got to reading your post. I'm really sorry to hear about not being able to find answers yet. Hang in there man, recently i have found power in prayer and shear will. I know how you feel, being a young college student, caught in the middle of term, while having extreme discomfort and lack of concentration because of on going health issues. All you can do, and whats worked for me is, looking at your health problems as a bully, try your hardest not to pay it any attention and focus on yourself. I'm not saying throw it to the side, but focus on the things you can do and when it gets bad try to focus on just breathing, slowly and continue on with what you were doing. Continue to take your meds and doctors advice as instructed, remember they are actually trying to help. Going to see your mom on holiday is a great way to take your mind off things and try to just relax and enjoy family time. See if it helps, I've been doing alot of research on people who beat there health issues by just finding ways to relieve stress and anxiety. I just recently decided to start my own website on people suffering from lpr/GERD in the hopes of a conjoined effort to find ways to help. Whether its research, doc references, or just somebody to relate and talk to. After a solid month of 24/7 worrying and anxiety, doc visits, and frustration, I returned to where all stress was met in confidence, the gym. Being an avid weight lifter, and part time personal trainer, I revised my routine. Incorporating a day of yoga and just steady/easy cardio, I actually found some relief! Another thing I've begun is taking a short walk after my meals, which helped me digest food alot better and made me just feel better. I've also began attending church, after one sermon, I felt refreshed and determined to give my health issues a run for their money. I know times like these are very trying, and hard to accept, as both of us are fairly young, but just remember your not alone and everyone here who reads your posts in some shape or form can relate. Enjoy your thanksgiving my friend, you deserve it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wbb827 For This Useful Post:
Matthew90 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Thanks guys for the replies, it means a lot. Yes, I've been horribly demoralized and every day seems to get worse in one way or another. I'm down to 180 lbs now, even though that's quite freaking remarkable given that I virtually don't eat anymore. Im not going to sleep until 3-4 am, and I feel so bad. Depression and anxiety. However, I think I know what may truly be causing all of this. You see, I have chronic rhinitis and pharyngitis, if anyone doesn't know that's inflamed nasal passages and throat. I wakeup every morning with stuff at the back of my throat that normally gets loosened up when I take a hot shower. I used to not think anything of it because I never have a stuffy or runny nose. But now it makes sense because it runs down the back of my throat. But why are those area so irritated? I researched that acid reflux can agitate those areas, causing post nasal drip. I never caught onto it until my very last visit with the doc who did a random look into my nose and throat, saying it was all swollen and inflamed. Even though I feel so miserable, having this for so long made me lose a sense of normality so I naturally didn't notice it. Another thing is that I get recurring mouth ulcers on my tongue and lips. I have also now started getting them in my nose, maybe that's just a freak pimple, but I've never had that before in my nose. So what I'm getting at is that I think there's something mechanically wrong, not pathological or autoimmune. I believe I have weak valve. That would explain however only the Rhinits and pharyngitis, and lower esophageal damage and inflammation, but why is my small intestine and stomach inflamed, for so long? I've never had a colonoscopy done, although my GI doc mentioned it before I had my upper GI ordered, so maybe I'll bite the bullet, God almighty. It might be worth it considering how bad things are up here. I have an appointment with her the 29th of this November, so a week after next Wednesday. She's really good, very caring and gets what you want done. Maybe that will be THE appointment I really start finding things out and getting tests done. As far as the rest of my life goes. Weightlifting is my passion, however I acquired a torn disc just as I was about to reach my goal of a 400 lb squat. I had worked up to a 350 lb atg squat in jeans and then started using wraps and a belt to accelerate things. Bad idea. I pushed my body beyond it's physical capacity and I injured myself from wear and tear. I was maxing out everyday at my peak. Mind you I worked up the frequency over a course of 3 months. My weight went from 160 to 193-195. My bench 200-245, and my squat 245-385. The middle of may was when I became injured, it wasn't from bad form or during an exercise. I just started feeling more and sore in my lower back to the point where I had trouble moving around. I thought Id put this weightlifting bit in here since you are an avid weightlifter yourself.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Unfortunately, with ever increasing symptoms and massive depression and anxiety, I haven't touched weights in months, apart from a handful of workouts that reminded me how fragile my back is. I will rise from all of this, one day. But I must figure out the whole picture first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew90 For This Useful Post:
Helen8r (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
(male)

wbb827 HB User

Yeah man i can def relate. I was told by my doc no lifting for a couple months to give my heart and body time to heal, so I'm just taking baby steps w small weights and doing good cardio and that day of yoga, which is said to increase tightness of the valve. I believe we actually have the same problem, my doc thinks the caffeine overdose caused my valve to become extremely loose. I constantly feel like my head is full of acid, from my ears, mouth, some headaches. But all we can do to make it better for the time being is try to help in the best way possible. I wake up every morning with my throat and mouth full of mucus, i just spit it out, wash my mouth and begin my day man. I try not to let it discourage me and make my best effort to get through the day. Im learning more and more that health issues are a big waiting game, getting frustrated and being stressed only makes it worse. Here's a suggestion, attempt meditation, take moments through out the day to just stretch, breath, and completely relax, all symptoms aside. Remember the good things and try to keep yourself positive, as hard as it sounds, makes a world of difference. Trust me, i get bogged down by my health issue and begin to worry, and then i start thinking about different things and it somewhat lifts my spirits, I also try to remain really busy, to keep my mind from taking control and causing un wanted stress and anxiety.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
(male)

wbb827 HB User

Another quick question bro. Do you get headaches? In the last couple of days it seems like my sinitus has been making me all stuffy and having some headaches.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #26
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Weirdly enough I never get headaches, thank God. Sinusitis can cause headaches though, there actually called sinus headaches. It's from the pressure of the mucus build up. My doctor gave me some nasal steroid spray to help deal with my Rhinits, maybe you should get some.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Ok I'm back with an update. I had my appointment with GI doc today, well the assisstant doctor, but it was a follow up for my endoscopy I had on oct 10. Anyway, she handed back the reports, said my throat was swollen and bled easily. My stomach and small intestine were also inflamed, so it has not gotten better is what she said. She said they also tested for Barrett's and h. Pylori, which came back negative. She then went over the blood work I had several weeks ago. She said my lymphocytes and neutrophils were low,but everything else was normal. I told her about the persistent nausea,vomiting, abdominal gas/discomfort. So she scheduled me for a Hida scan for my gallbladder, which I'm getting done next Friday. Pending those results, will determine whether or not to proceed with additional tests, like an colonoscopy. She prescribed me dexilant and a strong probiotic to help with gas and digestion. She also talked about being referred to physciatry again, to help with the anxiety and depression. My followup with my actual doctor, not the assisstant, is dec 28. I feel good about how it went, I'm just hoping this gallbladder test will show something concrete. If it doesn't, well, I've pretty much exhausted my options for the time being. There's gotta be a reason for all of this inflammation and scarring, so perhaps my gallbladder isn't working properly, or not at all. Wouldn't surprise me.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

Ok I had my Hida scan today and I got a call that it came back normal. I feel a little better knowing I tried all the tests I could and endured through it, trying to get the whole picture. I finally realize what is necessary. I'm one of those cases where it's a matter of will and strength rather than pills or surgery. But man did I wish they could have found something, something with a name, like a autoimmune disease or a malfunctioning gallbladder, just something that could be readily treatable and be made responsible. Unfortunately that's not my luxury, and I always knew deep down it was the case, I just didn't want to face it, going for test after test, appointment after appointment, waiting for phone call after phone call. Yes I do have severe esophagitis, ulcers, gastritis, and duodenitis, along with accompanying pharyngitis and rhinitis from the GERD, but I wanted so badly to know why. I'm a little at peace now, doing what I could reasonably do trying to figure it out, but in the end it's resorting to willing yourself to do what's necessary, moving forward despite the situation, life isn't going to get better, I have to die or get better, like Lincoln said.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

I just started working out yesterday and I'm already 190 lbs today so hopefully I can get to 200 or so by Christmas, maybe more. I think this is key, because it will increase my appetite and well being. I'm also taking a strong probiotic and multivitamin, and sufficient water intake. I also stumbled a upon something called asmr, it's incredibly relaxing and helps me sleep hard and dream vividly.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-09-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Matthew, have you tried natural supplements such as German chocolate flavored DGL or Beet juice? They help line the esophagus and stomach to reduce the inflammation from acid reflux. It makes sense that you may have a weak sphincter which is letting the acid come up. Read up on the natural remedies I mentioned above and see if their benefits are something that you may want to try. Ginger juice and Aloe Vera juice has also worked for other folks with intestinal problems. Also read up on exercises that strengthen the sphincter. I have not tried them myself but they may be worth a try.

Closed Thread

Tags
esophagitis, gerd - physical issues, help depression, scared of sick