It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
(female)

Shirley2641 HB User
Re: Severe GI issues And other things, Please help me

Hi there,
I could be way off, but following your sad story here I was wondering if you have ever seen a Rheumatolgist? There are so many autoimmune diseases that can effect every organ in your body. I went down the road like you, no answers, then found out I had multi-autoimmune diseases. It could be something to check in to, anything is worth a try. Something is causing so much of your body to be inflamed! Good Luck!! I'll keep reading and praying for you. Shirley

Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #32
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

No I have not been to a rheumatologist. My GI doctor sent a letter a few days back with my gall bladder tests saying there was no need for further testing and to just keep taking the dexilant and probiotics. I have an appointment with my actual GI doctor( not the assisstant), on the 28. Ive really given up on trying to find answers, it not only frustrates me but everyone around me. Calling, making appointments, looking silly when you ask them for tests for this and that, going through all the lab work and anxiety/depression/stress just to find out they found nothing. I'll tell you guys, it's one of the most despairing feelings I've experienced when they call saying everything's normal, when it's clearly not. They can see the damage but not find any indicators that would lead to a cause, it's very distressing. All the while I'm torn to shreds mentally and physically. The best thing I'm doing right now is trying to gain some healthy weight and exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #33
(female)

kac425 HB User

forgive me if you've done this....but it sounds like a big piece of your puzzle is actually allergy related (cant comment on the back issues!).

could be food allergies, could be environmental stuff, could be really any type of allergy. i read your whole thread and it seems like it all started with the "morning puking", which most likely was really mucous settling in your throat from being prone all night--thats why initially you felt better after the "one and done" throwup. it sounds as if it all was missed and just continues to get progressively worse causing all the inflamation to go lower and lower into your gi tract.

the suggestion for the gf diet wasnt such a bad one even though you tested neg for celiac. its conceivable to have a wheat allergy or intolerance without celiac (i'm assuming this was determined on biopsy, not just bloodwork). often where there is one allergy there are more, which is why you need a full workup. environmental allergies arent unusual as well...it can be very hard to tease out what the culprit is.

it can be helpful to keep a food diary as well to see if you have specific
"triggers", but my guess is that its more of a combination of food+enviro and will only be of limited use.

but i'll also go with is what it *isnt* is "in your head"...

hope thats helpful--either way, feel better!!

Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
(male)

Matthew90 HB User

I was tested for a lot of different environmental and food allergies years ago before this was even an issue, but, I don't remember if I was allergic to anything. Allergies may be the culprit, so I may chase that, but for now I'm just going to take it easy over break. Thanks for replying.

Closed Thread

Tags
esophagitis, gerd - physical issues, help depression, scared of sick