It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
(female)

Mtl250 HB User
Re: Pleaseeee help. im at the end of my rope :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrybucket View Post
Hi
Ive done a lactose free diet for past two weeks to see if it IS the lactose thats making my digestive problems unbearable.

I think it's been slightly better. The wind and passing of wind (sorry) have been pretty much the same, but waking with the tummy ache has got a lot better.

So this weekend i went away with Hubby for his birthday and thought i am going to have some dairy as its so boring and difficult without it.

I had a cream tea with clotted cream yesterday afternoon, and within 2 hours i had wind bubbling in my tummy, with gripy pains and a lot of passing of wind too.

So today i woke at hotel and avoided dairy once more and had a cooked breakfast without dairy. I was ok. Then i came home, went shopping and had my usual soya starbucks hot choc which is totally free of dairy, AND i decided to have a couple of biscuits ( dairy). one hour later it started again, cramps, like a massive painful bubble going through my intestines, gas, pain, horrible. the pain came in waves and hurt so much at one point i was sweating. I went and empytied my bowels which helped short term, then ate some pasta with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese, and hour later it started again. I just emptyied my bowels again and it was loose not quite diarroreah but almost (sorry for graphics). Again its eased slightly. I dont know if its dairy or ANY food consumption. The pain has been awful this afternoon. I'm scared when it starts that i wont be able to tolerate the wind /gas pain and have to go to hospital.

I am seriously at the end of my rope with this. I THINK it could be dairy related, i think i will again tomorrow start a lactose free diet maybe for a while longer and see again if things ease up.

My Gastro Doc is rubbish, they have no idea and i only see him once every 6 mths. Ive had an endo and all is ok except a small hiatus hernia which gives me heartburn. But this pain from the wind pain in my stomach is unbearable when it comes. What shall i do , please help, i dont know where to go with this anymore. My GP says stick with the lactose free diet until my recent blood tests to see if im intolerant comes back, so i guess i'll do that.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has lactose intolerance or suffers the same as me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
(female)

Mtl250 HB User

sorry for your situation
me too bit different , could be DIVERTICULITIS , pain is on lower Left side usually
but can be different in diff people.
Also, could be wheat in pasta , bread etc...
I eat veg soup for breakfast now,
big thing is to get way more green veg in diet , easy to digest like brocoli steamed ..

Also, go to a naturist that you can find and trust , re getting good bacteria back into your intestines. If too much of diet is processed, heavy foods, not enough PROBiotic and Alkalyne foods . as opposed to acidic, it can be a combination of things.
not just 1 thing....its a long process but fixable ! Read up on some of these things and simplify the diet ...good luck ..Mtrl 250mel

Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
(female)

CRCS HB User

You're not alone. I finally went to the doc when I couldn't get to the airport without Imodium.

Although I test negative for lactose intolerance and celiac, I stopped almost all symptoms (gas, bloating, diarrhea) within a week after I stopped eating ALL diary, wheat, rice, potatoes and sugar. This restriction includes things that aren't supposed to contain lactose, like aged cheese and cured meat. At first, I couldn't even eat whey protein isolate, but am doing ok with it now.

It sounds extreme, but for the first time in a decade, I didn't have to sit up at night and belch. I've also lost a lot of weight, as you might imagine.

I've been doing this for 9 months. I still have occasional problems with things like egg yolks, but generally I'm so much better that the change has been worthwhile. The hardest part was giving up cream in my coffee. I used soy like a nicotine patch -- just to get me through the adjustment. I don't like soy, so now I drink my coffee black. I am now able to have cheese crumbles in my salad, which does make ordering easier, so I'm recuperating to some extent.

I ran into someone at an airport once with the same issues, so there seem to be a lot of us.

Of course, the really hard part is explaining to someone why I can't eat something and then having to listen to them ask if I'm sure, or if I've tried some substitute or another, or what about...

And, yes, the doc's attitude, was "as long as it's working, keep doing it even though we can't explain it". Spendid. Totally worth the co-pay, right?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Ok so....

Today I went to my gastro Doctor. I went in armed with my list of questions.

I asked him if he thought my problems were due to an infction in my bowel/stomach. He thought it may be small intestine bacteria overgrowth but wanted me to try some other things first before he put me on antibiotics.

So I am taking domperidon/motilium 3 x a day for a few weeks, as a scan I had has revealed my bowel is very slow to digest food, this should speed things up a little which he thinks will help the upper gut. I also told him I have some constipation now so hes told me to take epsom salts, which apparantly will make things below happen quicker. ( my Mother said that it will make me go a LOT quicker) !!

I am going to have a SIBO breath test done and I am going to try until i see him in eight weeks again. If this settles things then fine. If the SIBO test comes back positive he will start me on an antibiotic course, if not we will have to keep looking again.

m really hoping the domperidone helps, but im not sure whether that will help the wind and gas I experience, unless thats caused by the food taking so long to digest. So fingers crossed.

I feel a little bit happier as i am seriously worried i have something serious going on and he has reassured me he feels there is nothing sinister happening as i have no typical symptoms and all the tests so far have come back ok.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
(female)

works4me2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrybucket View Post
Ok so....

Today I went to my gastro Doctor. I went in armed with my list of questions.

I asked him if he thought my problems were due to an infction in my bowel/stomach. He thought it may be small intestine bacteria overgrowth but wanted me to try some other things first before he put me on antibiotics.

So I am taking domperidon/motilium 3 x a day for a few weeks, as a scan I had has revealed my bowel is very slow to digest food, this should speed things up a little which he thinks will help the upper gut. I also told him I have some constipation now so hes told me to take epsom salts, which apparantly will make things below happen quicker. ( my Mother said that it will make me go a LOT quicker) !!

I am going to have a SIBO breath test done and I am going to try until i see him in eight weeks again. If this settles things then fine. If the SIBO test comes back positive he will start me on an antibiotic course, if not we will have to keep looking again.

m really hoping the domperidone helps, but im not sure whether that will help the wind and gas I experience, unless thats caused by the food taking so long to digest. So fingers crossed.

I feel a little bit happier as i am seriously worried i have something serious going on and he has reassured me he feels there is nothing sinister happening as i have no typical symptoms and all the tests so far have come back ok.
Worrybucket, You might also want to get some blood/lab work done for your pancreas; along with liver and kidney function. My kidney function was abnormal, which has the propensity to throw off everything. Especially your kidney function. My inadequate kidney function causes lots of gas, constipation, pain, bloating and fluid build-up in my face, hands/fingers and legs. Just a little food for thought. Hope things work out well for you my dear. GOD bless; remain strong and be diligent in your quest for optimal health; thus, a better quality of life.

Reply Reply