It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
(female)

hunter121207 HB User
Intestinal Issues

So here goes, like most of the posts I have read, the doctors dont know much.. I had a C section in Dec 2007, after my six week waiting period of brestfeeding, I was put on birth control, Yaz. (In high school I had used Ortho-Tricylcin Low, I was 21 when I had my son) about 2 months in to taking this birthcontrol the intestinal issues started.

It happend about 2 weeks before my period every month, I would get intense gas pain right in the mid section of my stomach, there would be bloating, and i litterally could hear the movement of gas always on my back left side ( right below the rib cage) and it was painful, then the gas would be un front and center. I would have to sit on the toilet for a while, and then I would actually start to have a bowel movement, however it starts as kind of solid but a little more like paste, or peanutbutter. Then I would have more gas in the same spots, but my bowel movements become more fluid until it comes to the point that all that comes out is white ish mucus.

I decided (after a few trips to the Er and doc) that it must have been my birth control. I decided to get an IUD, the Mirena. I got this in oct of 2008. My issues did not happen as often or as predictable (2 weeks before my period) but then again I stopped getting my period in Jan 2009 I had my last one.

It does not happen as often now IDk what is different, I do not eat Chex (rice) cearal or even Life Cinnimon because it would happen sometimes after eating that, not right away mostly like early morning. and the pain is less intense than when I was taking Yaz, or maybe my body has learned to deal with it better idk, but it would make me vomit before.

I write because I ate oat meal the other night for dinner, made with part milk and water, butter, sugar and cinnimon. I do not think it is dairy related. however at 330 am i awoke with the familar gas movement, then about 20 mins later it started, and it is always the same. hearing the gas move on the left back side, me having to breath threw about 3 mins of that then I poop a little get up and go lay down but have to go back a few mins later, until I have diarreha that turns into just pooping mucus my gas does not go away. I would take chewable gas x tables when i felt the gas starting and that would help a little but it would just make the prosses a little faster. Idk what to do..

My old medical issues would be I have an umbilical hernia, one day i touched my belly button to find a buldge in the beginning of 2009. My uterus is tender to the touch (maybe due to the c section).

Just wonder if anyone else has felt this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User
Re: Intestinal Issues

Have you ever been tested for celiac disease? It is an autoimmune condition and it can be related to hormones, which may be why your symptoms have changed when you were on the pill/with the Mirena but they have not totally gone away. It is common in women who also have endometriosis which it sounds like could maybe also cause some of your symptoms, so you could investigate these two things. I would suggest that they test you for celiac, in the meantime try avoiding wheat and gluten for maybe a couple weeks and see if your symptoms change at all. If your symptoms do not get better with that you could buy some lactase enzyme and take it anytime you have milk products and see if that helps - as I have similar but not as severe symptoms when I take milk products as I am lactose intolerant.

Closed Thread

Tags
diarrhea, gas pains, intestine disorder