It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

Sophiekins82 HB User
Unexplained Weight Loss. Please Help

I am 30yrs old and 5'3 and as of last night I weighed 94.2lbs. I eat continuously throughout the day; infact I get teased at work for the amount of food I consume. My job isn't taxing; I sit at a desk all day and work on a computer. Due to injuries sustained while serving in the Army I don't hardly exercise except to occasionally take a short walk. A little background. In high school I was between 110lbs and 115lbs and wore a size 5 for pants/jeans. At the age of 21yrs I had my first child. A day after having him I was discharged from the hospital and left with my size 5 jeans held up by a belt because they were too big on me. I was told that nursing my son and my metabolisism were to blame. But even after I stopped nursing my first son I was still about 102lbs and was wearing size 3 pants/jeans. Last December (2011) I had my second child and gained about 50lbs during my pregnancy. I was excited because when I left the hospital I left weighing 120lbs and had been roughly 93lbs when I first found out I was pregnant. For the 6 weeks I was on maternity leave I wore my sweats and continued to eat and was also nursing my son. But toward the middle of my maternity leave I noticed my sweats were looser. I checked my weight and I was about 110lbs (about 3 weeks after the birth). By the time I went back to work I was fitting into all of my old work clothes although I filled them out a bit more; not just up top but all over and I looked quite healthy and normal. My youngest son is going to be 9 months at the end of this month and I still nurse and continue to eat. My milk production is normal but my weight continues to fall. I had my V.A. physical and I raised the question about my weight loss and my doctor ordered several blood tests and I have four appointments (one with a nutritionist, two with ultrasound, and one with endocrinology) scheduled. She said she wants to check my thyroid among other things to find out what is wrong with my weight and yesterday I had a lab appointment at which they took ten tubes of blood from me to test for what I would imagine was everything under the sun. I am worried though. I don't see endocrinology until April and I don't see the nutrionist or ultrasound for another week. With my first child I was diagnosed afterward with an iron and B12 deficiency and my body doesn't absorb B12 as it should so I am on 1,000cc injections every two weeks so my body can absorb enough B12 to keep me in the minimum count zone and I take iron pills as well and folic acid. Now with my second child I managed to break a bone in my foot that you usually can't break unless you drop something on it and it turns out that I now have a vitamin D deficiency and so I am on vitamin D supplements as well. I guess what my ultimate question would be here is whether a thyroid can cause these problems in a person. Or if there is something else that I should consider as the culprit. I just want to know what is going on and how I can combat it. Anyone who has been to a V.A. Hospital knows that usually they give you enough information/fear that you will show up for your appointments but they don't tell you much beyond that and what I want is more information about why this would be happening to me and if it is something that my boys will inherit. My first son is from my first marriage and he is thin but not sickly thin. My second son is still an infant and is chunky and eats like a toddler most days. Anyway if there is anyone who can offer any insight or who has gone through this I would love to hear from you. I don't want to be a stick and I hate seeing the sharp angles in my body from my bones. Thank you for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread