It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

Nightfeathers HB User
10+ years of waking up sick, dizzy, cramping, and more. Any help?

I will say first I have gone to several doctors over the years. Most insist it's a blood sugar issue. When that comes back normal they seem to just throw up their hands and stop caring. More recently I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and GERD, but I don't think either diagnosis is correct. Or if they are they are not the only things going on.

The easiest way to describe this would be to just give an idea of a typical morning for me. I wake up and have about 10 minutes of peace. Then my stomach begins to cramp, I start getting nauseous, I get dizzy and I sweat even if I'm cold. My emotional maturity drops down to a small child. I burst into tears once because I dropped a hot dog. My ability to reason becomes impaired as well. If I don't eat right away, I will eventually faint.

So I have my breakfast, and it cannot contain much in the way of carbs/sugar or I will get worse. I also can't eat too much at this point, because I start feeling sick from the food. The right amount and I settle down for a while. That lasts about half an hour to an hour before the symptoms start to return. At this point I have to eat again, something not sweet although a bit of sugar won't hurt now. However I have to eat until I feel ready to almost vomit from being so full, or my stomach will not settle again.

After that I am able to function for the day. I can go 4-6 hours between meals, and generally feel fine the rest of the day. I can eat sweets like anyone else. Icing and other uber sweet things can make me nauseous if I eat a lot, but I don't think that's abnormal. I don't usually eat much though just because I'm not overly fond of it.

So there you have my life. The earlier I get up the worse the symptoms are too. I feel better on a night shift schedule, but I still have to eat as above. It's just less painful. I've gained a lot of weight as I've gotten older, mainly due to the above. I have no choice in the matter though because not eating as much is not an option right now. I would be forever grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or just commiserate with me at this point. Doctors I've seen before tend to have decided now that I'm just over-sensitive or it's in my head, and it is most decidedly not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply